Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Jayme's hotrod

I haven't had a chance to work on this car at all lately and I am hoping that customer cars won't stop me from getting this done in a couple years. Starting your own business is a lot of work I am finding out. I will work on it here and there between other projects but just bought my new to me business tow rig that I need to have done by this winter. 1932 model bb tow truck and thought I could put around town this summer with it but quickly found out cable brakes are very scary lol

Country Flag: United States
      Love the build and your metal work, nicely done.

That tow rig is awesome. What're your plans for it? Will you start a separate thread for it?

Quote Originally Posted by Tig View Post
      Love the build and your metal work, nicely done.

That tow rig is awesome. What're your plans for it? Will you start a separate thread for it?
      Thank you!
      I can start a build thread for the tow truck but isn't it against the rules since it isn't pro touring? I mean it will tow pro touring cars and trucks though. "shrugs shoulders"
      I bought a Isuzu frame for it to bring the suspension and brakes up to modern times. I have never drove anything with cable and rod brakes before and it is a little interesting to say the least. lol I am going to chop the roof about three inches and make it an extra cab for more leg room since I am tall and barely fit in it.
      Here is the frame I bought for it. Got a smoking deal on it.

This is badass. I spy a dobbertin front and rear cradle adapter. I'm intrigued.

Quote Originally Posted by speedfreakcobra View Post
      This is badass. I spy a dobbertin front and rear cradle adapter. I'm intrigued.
      Yes you do! He is so fun to talk to also, so much history and knowledge.

I haven't worked on this for a bit due to building the 32 BB tow truck but just bought a bead roller and considering starting some panels over now on this car with the better equipment. :D

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com