Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

69 Camaro narrow Axle width measurments

I am trying to nail down my axle measurements. I feel like I am really close to making a decision. I have already made the order; they are just waiting on wms measurments.
      1969 Camaro, Mini tubbed (Will be, fab has been pushed back 3 months which is why I can get the tires in all the way for a perfect measurement), 325/30/19 11" wheels 5.5 BS, Ride-tech 4 link. DSE suggestion is basically 54.75 but that i based on a 12" wheel with 5.5 BS. I am coming up with 57" wms-wms which puts the tire right at the inner fender lip. I do not want the tires tucked in the wheel wells, rather them closer to outer lip. IS THIS COMMON OR ACCEPTABLE? lol I know it's a stupid question but I just want to make sure I'm thinking correctly before i send the wms measurement into the QP so they can complete my order. Here are a few pics for reference, Any help is appricated. Thanks Michael

Name:  wheels and tires2.jpg
Views: 379
Size:  66.4 KBName:  wheels and tires.jpg
Views: 442
Size:  63.1 KBName:  wheels and tires3.jpg
Views: 389
Size:  94.4 KB

Country Flag: Canada
      Are you moving the leafs in? will the tires clear as is? If you want the tire flush with the outer lip, you better add an inch or so of ride height with good bump stops to prevent the tire from making contacting with the quarter panel.
      Matt
      72 Chevelle 370ci, 76mm single turbo, TKX, Speedtech Track Time, Millerbuilt Strange full floater 9", Brembo brakes, BC Forged 18x11s with 315s square
      Instagram: Cst_koon

Quote Originally Posted by protour_chevelle View Post
      Are you moving the leafs in? will the tires clear as is? If you want the tire flush with the outer lip, you better add an inch or so of ride height with good bump stops to prevent the tire from making contacting with the quarter panel.
      Removing leafs. adding 4 link. Tires will not fit as of now until mini tubs are installed. I really curious to know if other builders put their tires in this location or do they always tuck behind the fender lip.

Country Flag: Canada
      Quote Originally Posted by Mlagroue View Post
      Removing leafs. adding 4 link. Tires will not fit as of now until mini tubs are installed. I really curious to know if other builders put their tires in this location or do they always tuck behind the fender lip.
      Where your tire is placed, the car is not drivable, especially at the ride height. Everyone tucks their tires if they dont want a monster truck ride height protouring car haha.
      Matt
      72 Chevelle 370ci, 76mm single turbo, TKX, Speedtech Track Time, Millerbuilt Strange full floater 9", Brembo brakes, BC Forged 18x11s with 315s square
      Instagram: Cst_koon

I know 68 & 69 are a little different but, On my 68 I went with the 325-30-19's on 19x12's with 5.75BS. 54.75 axle face to axle face.

20210514_173950 by F G, on Flickr

20210514_174912 by F G, on Flickr

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com