Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
      Quote Originally Posted by Motown 454 View Post
      That engine looks Gorgeous!
      thank you!

Finally getting going on the LS7 swap now that I have it. This episode is all about disassembly, with the mock up phase coming next!

What is the red/silver car in the background?

Quote Originally Posted by ProTouringMan View Post
      What is the red/silver car in the background?
      Thats my dad’s ‘67 442 that we’re just starting. Frame off restoration on. Should be a nice, mild restomod/cruiser when we’re done!

- - - Updated - - -

Here’s episode 3 of the swap! Finally getting started on mocking up, as well as some fabrication!

Well we finally wrapped up the sheet metal fabrication work required to install the LS7 into my car. check it out in the latest engine swap video!

Well, we finally got the LS7 running! Hoping to have it at a local autocross this weekend!

Country Flag: United States
      That LS7 will be your happiest upgraded piece. Other than brakes lol.
      Looks fantastic
      Jason
      TANKMASTERJ
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...touring-Camaro
      Jasons Toys
      67 Camaro White Lightning LMR LS7 powered, Speed tech Front and Rear.
      2023 Rapid Blue ZL1 the Blue Devil
      2000 HD Softail
      1989 CBR Hurricane anniversary edition

Well its been a little bit since I’ve posted an update on the car….after we fired it up I started to work through debugging various small issues, and ended up spending almost two months trying to figure out an rpm signal issue, as the ecu would lose the rpm signal over 5,750rpms and cause the car to shutoff. Long story short, somehow the crank sensor had failed in between the engine being on the dyno and getting installed in the car. Once that was figured out we could finally start to push the car! Heres a video of our very first test with the new setup on Lime Rock’s Autocross course. Overall the car feels great (except for a brake pad knockback issue on the rear end) so im excited to finally focus on refining the setup, and more importantly start getting seat time and events under my belt again, after nearly a year and half since my last time driving a car hard.

Well im pretty happy after my first “traditional” autocross with the car! I went in with no expectations, as the main goal for the year is to just get seat time and continue to shake down the car. On a pretty small and tight course I managed to pull out a class win, despite driving pretty sloppy all day. Was nice to knock off the rust as this was my first time back autocrossing in over two years now. Can’t wait for the trackcross at Thompson next weekend!

Back in high school a friend and I did a cinematic video of my Cutlass, and ever since we talked about doing a follow up that captures all of the changes to the car. Over the past few months we finally made it happen, and I couldn’t be happier with the end result!

Dude, this car is gorgeous. Your videography and editing is SPOT. ON. too.
      Well done Sir, well done.

nice

Well done what steering set up are you running and are those rocket racing wheels, auto crossing is very fun and addictive .
      Attached Images Attached Images  

Well saturday officially marked the start of the 2023 racing campaign with the Olds. My company (Gorman Performance Engineering) hosted an autocross on the FCP Euro Proving Grounds at Lime Rock Park with Connecticut Autocross and Rally Team. I managed to put the Olds at the top of the time sheets, taking the fastest time of the day out of a field of 50 cars. My co-driver Evan and I will be running the car as much as possible over the next couple of months in preparation for UMI's Muscle on The Mountain in June.

Man, this is a really killer build! I gave ya a follow on IG, I'm hoping to start autocrossing my C10 this year after several years away

Quote Originally Posted by TotallyHucked View Post
      Man, this is a really killer build! I gave ya a follow on IG, I'm hoping to start autocrossing my C10 this year after several years away
      Thank you, I appreciate the support! Best of luck with your C10. Maybe I’ll see you out at an event this year!

Well, We're finally getting started on a big revamp of the olds. First up is starting the DCT trans swap!

Awesome thread! My father and I are currently working on our 68 442. I've been following you on insta for a while now (@Olds442school). Definitely been using your build for inspiration.

- - - Updated - - -

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com