Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
      Quote Originally Posted by bkbkbk View Post
      Awesome build thread and youtube channel. I'm subbed and ready for new vids and updates!
      Thank you, glad you’re enjoying the content!

Country Flag: United States

Pro Touring 1970 Cutlass S "The Oldsmobeast"

I can’t wait to show this thread to my buddy as I am sure he will be excited to see your build as we both have a history with this car.

Back in the 80’s I borrowed his car and decided to see how fast it could go coming out of town. Unfortunately I passed a cop doing well over 100 mph and an 8+ mile high speed chased ensued.

Fortunately, we got away but the car didn’t fair so well. I broke the motor mounts as I was down shifting to slow down due to brakes fade . I broke the front sway bar in half, destroyed the front tires, cracked the fan shroud and destroyed the rear drum. To say my buddy was pissed at me was an understatement.

We hid the car in the forest for a week as ever county cop in town was looking for an Orange and White Cutlass.
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

Quote Originally Posted by syborg tt View Post
      I can’t wait to show this thread to my buddy as I am sure he will be excited to see your build as we both have a history with this car.

Back in the 80’s I borrowed his car and decided to see how fast it could go coming out of town. Unfortunately I passed a cop doing well over 100 mph and an 8+ mile high speed chased ensued.

Fortunately, we got away but the car didn’t fair so well. I broke the motor mounts as I was down shifting to slow down due to brakes fade . I broke the front sway bar in half, destroyed the front tires, cracked the fan shroud and destroyed the rear drum. To say my buddy was pissed at me was an understatement.

We hid the car in the forest for a week as ever county cop in town was looking for an Orange and White Cutlass.
      Haha that’s quite the experience!

What a beautiful car ! I love the color on it, it looks sweet.
      Wayne
      Car FINALLY home !!!!!! lol
      Project FNQUIK https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ghlight=FNQUIK

Quote Originally Posted by Motown 454 View Post
      What a beautiful car ! I love the color on it, it looks sweet.
      Thank you!

Been following along on instagram for awhile. Got my head spinning now as I have a 425 that i havent rebuilt or freshened up for my 72 cutlass yet but I am now wondering if ls is the way. I wanted to stay olds power, what do you think is needed to stick with the olds engine?

Quote Originally Posted by 72cutlassS View Post
      Been following along on instagram for awhile. Got my head spinning now as I have a 425 that i havent rebuilt or freshened up for my 72 cutlass yet but I am now wondering if ls is the way. I wanted to stay olds power, what do you think is needed to stick with the olds engine?
      I think alot of it depends on what your plans are for the car! If you're going to be mostly cruising with a little autocross/road course then a build similar to my 455 (edelbrock heads/intake, efi, oil restrictors, baffled oil pan, etc). If you're going to be serious about autocross and road racing, then on top of what I previously mentioned I would do some sort of custom dry sump system, an accusump, roller valvetrain, and a multiport efi system. If autocross and outright performance isn't the main concern, and olds engine will be fine. If you're going to be really into the racing side of things, then it's hard to beat an ls, as they like to make power more than an Olds does, can be significantly lighter, depending on what you go with.

For those interested in my wheel and tire setup, or are interested in doing a 315 squared setup on their car, here's a quick guide I had put together over the summer!

Great build! I subscribed to your youtube, I look forward to watching your videos.
      Eddie

Quote Originally Posted by blade View Post
      Great build! I subscribed to your youtube, I look forward to watching your videos.
      Thanks, I appreciate the support!

First mod of 2022! Upgrading the rear to a viking triple adjustable coilover setup, from the stock style spring/shock setup. The ability to adjust the rebound and compression, as well as finally being able to corner balance the car should be a nice step up from the current setup! Just need to reinforce the upper shock mounts, then they'll be installed! Big thanks to Justin at Vector Force Industries for getting me set up with these.
      Name:  271328449_10227947579821321_5835897258821233836_n.jpg
Views: 650
Size:  350.6 KB

I finally got started on doing the winter upgrades! Stripped the car down in preparation for the new engine, which I was supposed to get this week. Sadly the intake manifold is still on backorder, so I’ll have to wait a few weeks to bring the engine home. Once I have that I can begin the mock up phase! In the meantime I’m collecting parts for the swap, as lots of stuff is on back order with long lead times.
      Name:  4BC22DC4-542B-4CB9-9810-72F09EAA8AA7.jpg
Views: 604
Size:  410.5 KBName:  51716365-B9F3-41BF-8DB9-1AAE31F24F4B.jpg
Views: 607
Size:  529.2 KBName:  AE178BF5-A56A-4C31-AADA-C4807AEE6DBA.jpg
Views: 601
Size:  501.5 KB

The olds looks killer, the paint and 315s all around wow! Just gave your ig a follow

Quote Originally Posted by Tynitty View Post
      The olds looks killer, the paint and 315s all around wow! Just gave your ig a follow
      Thank you! Appreciate it!

Well, after several headaches, let downs, and frustrations with the 455 last year I decided to sit down and think about the future of the engine in my car. I wanted something naturally aspirated, could rev, made good power, and could still see plenty of miles on the street without issue. After looking at all options and weighing the pros and cons, I decided to have my dream engine built; the LS7. This engine is a stock LS7 block, fully forged callies rotating assembly, custom comp cam, Golen Racing Engines private label heads, Wegner automotive front drive, and the Performance Design Carbon PTR intake is the cherry on top. The engine makes 692hp and 627 lb/ft, And can easily spin up to 7300 rpm if needed. Not only will this give me a significant power bump over my 455, but also 200lbs in weight savings, and a dry sump oiling system. Check out my video below for more details on why I went this route, and my plans for the swap!

https://youtu.be/B82KvKUGKRU

Name:  DBB96425-A9BD-4885-BFC6-EAEAB9AD9F45.jpg
Views: 521
Size:  395.4 KBName:  0AECE1A9-12CD-497C-A909-1CFE86124332.jpg
Views: 504
Size:  309.9 KBName:  D749E841-8A34-461A-A45D-1713D4A8E247.jpg
Views: 517
Size:  508.2 KBName:  6AC8A09C-480C-4C3B-AF20-4FFFF6CDF367.jpg
Views: 508
Size:  306.5 KB

I'm excited to see this running. Looks great!
      1970 Oldsmobile Cutlass - LS1 swap
      Wendell & Sneads Ferry, NC

Quote Originally Posted by GrandpaKen View Post
      I'm excited to see this running. Looks great!
      Thank you! Shouldn't take too long to get up and running!

Just found this, very cool!
      Sub'd here and the YT channel.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob in St. Louis View Post
      Just found this, very cool!
      Sub'd here and the YT channel.
      Thanks for the support, glad you enjoy the build!

That engine looks Gorgeous!
      Wayne
      Car FINALLY home !!!!!! lol
      Project FNQUIK https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ghlight=FNQUIK

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com