Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Salinas, CA. 4.5 MI from the Corkscrew @ Laguna Seca

What EFI unit are you running?

Hi all. I bought a name Mfg EFI kit in Feb this year which included the EFI unit, distributor, coil and spark box, all included. When it runs, it runs great. I really like the EFI/timing part of it. But I have had BIG problems with the unit. You would drive it, then after 200- 500 miles the unit would just quit. Mfg claims bad distributor first time, a bad ECU now. New "updated" ECU from Mfg, same problem. Kinda done with Mfg. What EFI units are you running out there? I have A 1968 Camaro with a mild 350HP 350 SBC. How do you like them? What is the good and bad about your EFIs? Like I said, when the Mfg unit ran, it ran great! I really liked the way the distributor and EFI/ECU worked together. Thanks for your help.

Holley Stealth Terminator X with Hyperspark Dist, Hyperspark Coil, Hyperspark box

Country Flag: United States
      man that is unfortunate. currently using Holley Terminator X, Sniper with Hyperspark, Megasquirt Gold Box, and in build phase of a turbo car with ProEFI 128.

So far so good with all, but you have to be spot on with your wiring

Salinas, CA. 4.5 MI from the Corkscrew @ Laguna Seca
      Quote Originally Posted by Just 1 More View Post
      Holley Stealth Terminator X with Hyperspark Dist, Hyperspark Coil, Hyperspark box

Thanks for your input. How long have you used it? How do you like it and have you had any problems?

Quote Originally Posted by TZmtrsprt View Post
      Thanks for your input. How long have you used it? How do you like it and have you had any problems?
      No issues so far. I used AndrewB for tuning and that was the biggest help

I'm running an FiTech unit in my 68 Camaro Convertible with a 396 motor, I think it works great, turn the key, fuel pump kicks on, 4 seconds later car starts right up, no problem, even after sitting for months...

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com