Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Do I have enough ground connections

So I’ve moved my battery to the trunk and I’m using 1/0 cable, for grounding I have 1/0 cable form the battery to a bulkhead stud that goes threw the firewall, on the engine side I have 1/0 form the bulkhead to the cylinder head and another 1/0 going from that same bulkhead to the frame and a 4 gauge wire from the frame to the core support and inside the car I have a 4 gauge cable from the bulkhead to the dash by the steering column support , also in the rear of the car I have 1/0 form the battery to the body (bumper bracket in trunk), is there anything else or different I need to do.
      Thanks

Country Flag: United States
      Is the car using electronic fuel injection? If so, be sure to ground the coils (and any other grounded motor or engine device) to the heads, and the ECU to the cylinder head that goes to the firewall bulkhead. The idea is to ground all engine-related motors, sensors, and controllers to a single location on the engine.
      John Parsons

UnRivaled Rides -- Modern upgrades for your ride.

UnRivaled Rides recent project -- LS9-powered 69 Camaro

Yes I will be using a Holley terminator x max fuel injection and there is a dedicated ground to go to each head.

You don’t need to run a ground cable from battery to firewall bulkhead. You just need a short 1/0 from battery to body. The whole body then acts as your ground. From the body you can run all your ground connections. Body to frame, frame to engine, frame to core support.

Country Flag: United States
      You're fine with the grounds. Little over done, but better to be over than under.

In the future as mentioned above, you can use metal that's already present in the car for a conductor.

I run a strap from:
      -battery to trunk pan
      -battery to frame rail
      -engine to frame rail
      -core support to frame rail
      *Jeff*
      Project Salty - 1964 4 door Malibu, beaten, neglected, red headed foster child
      Cammed LQ4 / T56 Swap Project Thread <-click to read! 😁

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com