Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Right Stuff Rear Disc Conversion

I bought this kit a few years back for my 69 Camaro. I built a 12 bolt and now I’m getting around to installing this kit, had no problems. My local speed shop said those are junk and advised me to switch to Wilwood, of course they are better brakes but I’m just driving this car as a daily driver.

Any advice on the Right Stuff brakes?

I don’t have any personal experience with the right stuff brakes. But it looks to me that they use a GM style replacement caliper and build a kit around that. I don’t see a problem with using what you already have.

Yes they use GM calipers, I don’t see any problem with that. You can buy parts off the self for that. The kit looks good and the parking brake cables hook right up

Country Flag: United States
      The important thing with the Right stuff kit is to make sure they're adjusted properly with the parking brake cables hooked up.

They won't make the car stop any better than a well maintained original drum brake set up, but they look cool. Here's a pic of set I put on a 12 bolt that went in a '69 Camaro I built for a member here.

That looks good. I’m doing a 4 link on my 69. I’m not expecting any better stopping with this set up but I figured since I’m converting to the 4 link I might as well. I’m keeping the stock 15” Ralleys so I’m really limited on disc rotor size.

Quote Originally Posted by NOT A TA View Post
      The important thing with the Right stuff kit is to make sure they're adjusted properly with the parking brake cables hooked up.

They won't make the car stop any better than a well maintained original drum brake set up, but they look cool. Here's a pic of set I put on a 12 bolt that went in a '69 Camaro I built for a member here.

I have that setup on my 68 camaro convertible, 12 bolt rear with ridetech 4 link, I have wilwood 4 piston dynalite in the front and my car stops very well, I dont track the car, its just a nice driver. i do have 17 inch wheels in the front & 18 on the rear

scott

I’m using a Heidts 4 link but I should’ve gone with the ridetech

Country Flag: United States
      I used everything they had to swap my 67 from 4 wheel manual drums to 4 wheel power discs. It was a very complete kit and didn't need anything else other than fluid. It drove and stopped perfectly fine for daily driving and I'd recommend it to anyone looking for a stock style disc brake set up.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com