Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Question about distributor..

I currently am running a FiTech EFI using a MSD HEI distributor with mechanical advance. FiTech told me that a regular billet distributor with the timing mechanism locked out and the FiTEch EFI taking the control of the timing was a better situation. I can see this. My question is whether to use the MSD Pro Billet distributor at over $300 as opposed to a Summit knockoff and just over $150? I am going to go with the FiTech CDI box. Has anyone used the Summit billet distributor and if so how do you like them?

Carl Wilson
      1968 Camaro - T-56 6 speed - 383 Stroker, 2014 Mustang GT seats. FiTech EFI, Tanks Inc. Tank with Deutschwerks fuel pump.

I'm not using the Summit distributor, but I am using a FiTech EFI unit. It's the MeanStreet 800 though, so it doesn't even have the timing control option available. I went with a distributor from Progression Ignition; it has fully electronic timing control that you set up using an app on your phone. It also has an anti-theft feature built in. I've had mine for 7 months now and am very happy with it. I know this doesn't directly answer your question, but it might be another option you want to check out.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com