Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Ridetech StreetGrip suspension for 68 firebird convertible

Hi,I have a bone stock 68 firebird 400 convertible with subframe connectors. After looking through all the packages I think that the streetgrip system is the best fit to what I want to do with it as it will only be a street car in Boston, MA and the horror show of roads. My only hesitation is I am wondering if the 150lb hypercoil rear leafs would be ok for the added weight of a convertible top over the rear, or would I need a higher rate spring perhaps..... Can anyone with first gen F body convertible chime in on their experiences? sidenote: I will be adding GW upper control arms and tall tie rods to have better alignment specs and geometry as well as a faster steering box. Appreciate the feedback! Thanks!

Country Flag: United States
      The convertible weighs roughly 300 pounds more. Assuming it is equally distributed that’s an extra 75 pounds per spring. That’s an extra half inch deflection of the spring. Since most guys run a 1” lowering block with those springs you can simply use a 1/2” block to get the same ride height…..

Taken another way it is like a hardtop with a heavy passenger. Or 150 pounds of junk in the trunk….

Don
      1969 Camaro - LSA 6L90E AME sub/IRS
      1957 Buick Estate Wagon
      1959 El Camino - Ironworks frame
      1956 Cameo - full C5 suspension/drivetrain
      1959 Apache Fleetside

Country Flag: United States
      I did the street grip on my 69BB convertible, and am within 1/4-1/2 of the published specs for ride height.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com