Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: Canada

Roadster Shop Spec Chassis (ORDERED)

Hey ladies and gents,

Just wondering if anyone had any experience with Roadster Shop and their products. I have a SPEC SERIES for my 81' Firebird on order and its looking like Christmas for completion at this point.

I am however, residing in Canada. Does anyone know how importing something of this nature works? Do I have to pay duty still? Sales tax? Does NAFTA agreement make this a duty exempt product since it is manufactured in the USA?

I phoned in to their offices to ask if they knew but they said they haven't really sent any chassis into Canada, and had no idea.

Let me know if any of you have any more information or resources I could use.

Thanks
      1981 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am [B95] - Roadster Shop Spec Chassis, Crate LS376/480, Built 4L80E Trans, Holley Terminator Maxx ECU, Vintage Air

Country Flag: United States
      Spoke with them briefly about a Full Frame for a 68 Charger. Very nice on the phone. I know they are up towards the Mid Northern States. But I've never been to Canada so I can't say much. They make a superior product. It's worth the wait till xmas id say.

https://adamsautosport.com/informati...for-canadians/
      &
      https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publicat...15-20-eng.html

Sounds to me likely that your application falls under the street rod parts classification. Depending on who you get reviewing your case, they may consider that 1981 is indeed 25 years, and a chassis (aftermarket or not) simple and structural enough to let it through as being stock repair replacement parts.
      Maybe (?), legally you could say "I believe it to conform to standard 9966.00.00" and legally if you are wrong you only expressed an opinion? Don't ask the vendor to put themselves in the firing line. Print something off with your name, contact info, and signature stating this and email it to the shipper to print. At the same time you sent along a photo or two or three, of your project, to be printed & included in the paperwork? A personal touch to try to get the reviewer on-side with you.

This is actually super helpful, thanks for taking the time to get that information for me. It has since helped me with a few orders coming from the states. Most companies are willing to assist in declaring goods i've found so far.

1981 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am [B95] - Roadster Shop Spec Chassis, Crate LS376/480, Built 4L80E Trans, Holley Terminator Maxx ECU, Vintage Air

Did you get your Chassis yet? I plan to order the SPEC this week, they look pretty awesome, costly! 25 g but much less in labor cost or time

Quote Originally Posted by Biguy View Post
      Did you get your Chassis yet? I plan to order the SPEC this week, they look pretty awesome, costly! 25 g but much less in labor cost or time
      I ordered mine in November, talk with Patrick Webster he is awesome.

They even allow you to change the color of the powder coating. I was thinking of trying to match my car color. Name:  1303294507.jpeg
Views: 568
Size:  55.8 KBName:  1086205525.jpeg
Views: 572
Size:  105.9 KB

just wondering if anyone has brought an RS chassis into Canada yet? and if so what classification this was able to get through on?
      thank you

If somebody receives one of these, I would love to see a build thread started on installing it and thoughts afterwards as I'm thinking about it as well.
      1967 Camaro RS/SS - Project "Skunkworks" in Progress...

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com