Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Vintage Wheel Works V40 or V45 17x8 or 17x9

Anyone running these wheels? any pics if so? I really like these and would like to buy a set so want to see real pics of them on cars.

I run some of the original v45's in 17x9.5 and 17x11 (center section is cast and welded to rolled hoop). My understanding they no longer do custom wheels and you only can get them in a few sizes that are all cast from Coker. On the Coker website they only offer one 17" wheel: 17x8, 5x4.75, 4.75" BS. Can't speak to the quality of them.
      '69 Chevelle - LQ4/T56
      '71 GMC SWB Fleetside - LM7/AR5

V45s on my 64 chevelle

For some reason cannot get pic to attach

Name:  FullSizeRender.jpg
Views: 798
Size:  472.5 KB
      Hopefully it attached this time

Looks good on the Chevelle!

FYI - Vintage wheel works was bought out by Coker tyres. They only make the ONE piece wheel last I checked. The chevelle in pic is wearing the TWO piece wheels, and the 2-peice had more customisation available (BS, width etc). I was saving $$$ to buy the 2-piece V45 in 17" for my 68 camaro and was gutted to find out Coker had scaled back the options after buying the company. I was lucky enough to find someone selling a brand new set in the exact dimensions I wanted (total fluke), but yeah - just be aware the options on these wheels (last I checked with coker anyway) was that they were making the one-piece cast units only. I also advised Coker they were using pictures of the 2 peice wheels in their advertising material (which was misleading given they do not sell them anymore) and they were still using those images last I checked. Would post a pic, but I do not have them fitted to my car yet.....sorry!

Country Flag: United States
      Scott from NJ.

Vent Windows Forever! ...

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold
      I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors

V45 with 275/40/17 square.

Scott is spot on about VWW. The ET's are the closest I've found and are the likely candidate if/when rim replacement is needed.

VaporWorx. We Give You Gas http://www.vaporworx.com

I have come to find that Coker did cut off all options on the wheel and only offer specific sizes. In the mean time I have also run across a couple other similar styles that come in different sizes.

https://voxxwheel.com/wheel/6994/bg-...?finishID=2115

https://www.uswheel.com/wheel/7679/u...?finishID=2572

I've been searching for how your car was setup. I even searched the wayback machine for your old geocities page.

What wheel sizing did you use to achieve 275s all around? That was stock frame, no tubs back then as well?

Trying to get my 67 setup.
      Quote Originally Posted by CarlC View Post
      V45 with 275/40/17 square.

Scott is spot on about VWW. The ET's are the closest I've found and are the likely candidate if/when rim replacement is needed.

Scott from NJ.

Quote Originally Posted by BonzoHansen View Post
      I've been searching for how your car was setup. I even searched the wayback machine for your old geocities page.

What wheel sizing did you use to achieve 275s all around? That was stock frame, no tubs back then as well?

Trying to get my 67 setup.
      17 x 9.5 x 5.5bs. 275/40/17 square. The newest 18 x 9.5 x 5.75 allow a bit of adjustment with 1/8 - 1/4" spacers. It's tight.

-3 - -2.5* camber, 5.5 caster, 1/16" toe in. Buttonhead bolts around the outer wheelwell. It rubs the subframe/reduced turning radius but it's fine for normal driving, autocross, road course, etc.
      VaporWorx. We Give You Gas http://www.vaporworx.com

Quote Originally Posted by CarlC View Post
      17 x 9.5 x 5.5bs. 275/40/17 square. The newest 18 x 9.5 x 5.75 allow a bit of adjustment with 1/8 - 1/4" spacers. It's tight.

-3 - -2.5* camber, 5.5 caster, 1/16" toe in. Buttonhead bolts around the outer wheelwell. It rubs the subframe/reduced turning radius but it's fine for normal driving, autocross, road course, etc.
      Thanks Carl. I'd have bet anything they were 17x9s. The 18x9.5s on my 2nd gen fall right into your backspace size spread, I didn't think that would be the case. I just got handed a free set of 17x9 zr1/4th gen wheels I might use, I just need adapters.

That's a stock frame and no tubs?

Scott from NJ.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com