Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

2nd gen F-body 18" race wheels hitting upper control arm/ball joint in a Rolls Royce

Hey guys!

Got a bit of a weird situation here.

We race a viper powered/BMW DCT 1977 Rolls Royce silver shadow and it has a 2nd gen F-body front subframe in it.

custom coil jack upper coilover mount
      upper adjustable control arm
      extended upper ball joint
      CCP unit bearing hub knuckle with C6 Z06 Hub/Brakes/Rotors
      Lower tubular control arms with extended ball joint
      heim TRE

I got the opportunity to buy 5 sets of forgeline race wheels for a really good deal,but they are all 18x12's with 6.5" backspace.

I'm trying to run these in the front and hitting the upper ball joint. Would be nice to get them sucked in since the tire is so wide to eliminate the need for flares.

Just checking in to see if anyone has any thoughts/ideas on how to make it all work and not kill suspension geometry.

Anyone know if there is a 2nd gen F-Body drop spindle that uses the Corvette hubs? I know CCP makes one for the first gen, but I didn't see it for the 2nd gen.

Any other knuckle options out there, or any other thoughts?
      Attached Images Attached Images      

You could get a longer lower ball joint & a standard upper to keep your current spindle height.
      It will require bump steer correction, so be sure there is an extra inch below the tie rod for adjustment.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com