Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Rick's Restomod Tank for '66 or '67 Chevelle questions

Anyone using Rick's Restomod fuel tank in their 66 or 67?

A few questions:

• What's the part number
      • Does it have the holders for the vaporworx pickups (one video shows they do)
      • How well does it work
      • Any baffling in the tank
      • It looks like the tank uses a can around the pump to prevent starvation if not using GM's pump is that correct.

I have a Tanks Inc tank with 525 LPH pump but it looks like I'll need dual fuel pumps if I want to run E85. The Tanks Inc tank opening is too small for a dual in tank pump setup so I'm looking at Rick's. I'm not real fond of the looks of Rick's stainless steel since they appear to hang lower and it being bright and shiney.

Country Flag: Canada
      at the risk of sounding like a fool , have we not called and asked these questions to Ricks ? they are quite nice to deal with
      Spinnin'my tires in life's fast lane

Ryan Austin
      On twitter @raustinss
      On Instagram austinss70

I haven't spoken with them but I have exchanged emails with them. They are steering me to the stainless steel tank so I'm trying to get some feedback from those that have used their restomod tank. The car will primarily be used for street and in looking at various CTS V and ZL1 pump upgrades it looks like they primarily count on the can around the pump to work as a surge tank. I was trying to find a more reasonable solution dollar wise and for look. The restomod tank is galvanized so there's some concern using it with E85.

Comments on using the Restomod tank.

"Yes it can accept Gen 5 Pump. Our hat Can accommodate Dual Pumps, however
      our Stamped Tank nor anyone else's was really ever designed to support those power levels.
      Stamped Tanks are good for basic swaps with moderate (600 and below) power they just don't have adequate baffling."

Their recommendation.

"Stainless Full Baffled tank with billet pump hat. Price is 1595.00
      Tank , pump hat to use your 525 (2nd pump port) and Tube style sending unit."

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com