Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

1965 Buick Skylark Dash Options

Just recently purchased an LS-swapped '65 Buick Skylark. I'm looking to install a Vintage Air system and thought it would be a good time to put a real set of gauges in the dash instead of the sweeping speedometer and idiot lights. I'll be controlling the heat/cooling functions from the vintage air controller so the heating sliders will disappear from the dash panel...
      Does anyone have knowledge if the Chevelle aftermarket/reproduction dash bezels will swap into the Skylark Dash? I've seen some other hand fabbed dashes on searching, just didn't know if any other the other GM A body dash inserts would work to make things a bit simpler...

Since this is my first post, here are a few photos of my new car!

Name:  IMG_5403.jpg
Views: 1463
Size:  456.6 KBName:  IMG_5465.jpg
Views: 669
Size:  607.4 KBName:  IMG_5454.jpg
Views: 725
Size:  563.1 KB

Congrats on your new purchase and the car looks great. I have a 65 and a 64 Convertible as well and I just got done fabbing an insert for my dash that houses three 4.5" Speedhut gauges and I think it looks really cool. Very easy to fabricate and can send a pic tomorrow once I get back home from traveling if you are interested. Again....great looking car!

Thanks Sterho, that would be great if you could post a pic... appreciate the help!
      Aaron

Name:  64 Dash panel.jpg
Views: 678
Size:  119.2 KB Aaron....here is my concept that is very close to getting installed. I have to shape the left corner for a little better fit, but am pretty happy with the outcome. Very easy to make and of course needs to be painted with SEMS texture paint yet. I just couldn't live with the original speedo. Thanks...Steve

Thanks. That looks much better than the original and more functional too. I may need to do the same…

Country Flag: United States
      I’d talk to the guys at or search Dakota Digital. Just did a RTX custom insert on my 64 Nova and you’d be hard pressed to detect it from stock. Their functionality is off the chart.

The above pic is nice too!
      Tim

67 Camaro RS

64 Nova SS

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com