Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Shop recommendations for a turn-key car???

I currently have an ‘18 SS 1LE that I’m really thinking of unloading (with a large profit) and picking up a ‘69 Chevelle with a modern drivetrain. I live these newer cars, but nothing does it for me like a ‘69 Chevelle or Camaro.

I’d love to build something myself, but at this point in my life with two kids under 2, I just wouldn’t have time for it and if I’m going to spend this kind of money, I want something that I can enjoy.

I’m not looking for a total pro-touring car either, I’d rather a period correct car that has been restored (I could care less about numbers matching) with a modern drivetrain on a refreshed stocking suspension and such…ok maybe better brakes. Something that I can get in and enjoy now and then upgrade the suspension when I have the time do to so, and so I can actually do some stuff myself like I enjoy to do. Basically the body and drivetrain out of the way and good to go.

I know of Speedinc, do you guys recommend any other shops for something like this?

Country Flag: United States
      Are asking for recommendations on a shop to have one built to your liking?
      Big dreams, small pockets....

Chris--
      '72 Cutlass S LSA/T56 Magnum
      Bowler Performance, Rushforth Wheels, ATS, Holley EFI, KORE3, Ridetech

Project Motor City Madness

Budget?
      Mike Kelcy - '68 Camaro with some stuff done to it.

I strongly recommend buying one done or close to done the way you like. It would be a different story if you already had a car, you don't, so find a 69 chevelle with the drivetrain already swapped.

Otherwise..... rough numbers off the top of my head.

Chevelle 40k
      Connect and cruise 14k
      Holley swap stuff and exhaust. 5k
      streetgrip and Wilwoods and booster/master 4.5k
      Wheels and tires 3k
      Dakota gauges and Vintage Air and wiring 3.5k
      Tilt column, linkage, steering box 2k
      Radiator and fans 1k
      Fuel tank, pump, lines 1.5k

$74,500 in a car and parts. Another $5,000 in incidentals for stuff you didn't know you wanted, like more stereo, bigger brakes, whatever...... $79,500. Plus tax and shipping.

And then there is labor. I don't think it could be done in 200 hours but we'll use that number anyways. 75 per gets us another $15,000. $94,500 and you can drive it home if everything goes perfectly.
      Donny

Support your local hot rod shop!

I'm with the sentiments of the previous post. Buy one already in swapped, maybe or maybe not painted like you want to but buying one that the metal, LS swap, the and wiring stuff done vintage Air no and all that you will buy it 50 cents on the dollar. You build it better have a big budget and a very trustworthy shop that can give a hard dollar price and stick to it. Maybe one exist. I haven't seen it yet.
      My car went to the body shop and I had about 55 in it. Before the LS swap. Now after body, paint and misc it's over 100k not including the LS swap, Speedtech chassis front and rear. That's another 50+
      Jason

TANKMASTERJ
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...touring-Camaro
      Jasons Toys
      67 Camaro White Lightning LMR LS7 powered, Speed tech Front and Rear.
      2023 Rapid Blue ZL1 the Blue Devil
      2000 HD Softail
      1989 CBR Hurricane anniversary edition

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com