Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Shop recommendations for a turn-key car???

I currently have an ‘18 SS 1LE that I’m really thinking of unloading (with a large profit) and picking up a ‘69 Chevelle with a modern drivetrain. I live these newer cars, but nothing does it for me like a ‘69 Chevelle or Camaro.

I’d love to build something myself, but at this point in my life with two kids under 2, I just wouldn’t have time for it and if I’m going to spend this kind of money, I want something that I can enjoy.

I’m not looking for a total pro-touring car either, I’d rather a period correct car that has been restored (I could care less about numbers matching) with a modern drivetrain on a refreshed stocking suspension and such…ok maybe better brakes. Something that I can get in and enjoy now and then upgrade the suspension when I have the time do to so, and so I can actually do some stuff myself like I enjoy to do. Basically the body and drivetrain out of the way and good to go.

I know of Speedinc, do you guys recommend any other shops for something like this?

Country Flag: United States
      Is there a reason you don't want to try to find one already done?

Quote Originally Posted by srode View Post
      Is there a reason you don't want to try to find one already done?
      If I do find the right car that is built correctly, I’m totally fine with that. But finding that is a total crapshoot

Define "turn key".

Lots of nice expensive 'done' cars will endure a 10-mile test drive without a breakdown. But that doesn't prove they are ready for Power Tour.

Country Flag: United States

Nick ~
      1969 Cutlass

Look for a guy getting a divorce and get it for $ .50 on the dollar.
      Tracey

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com