Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Pro Car Rally XL installed 69 Camaro picture share

Hello. I haven't posted much but i installed front and rear Procar Rally XL's in my 69 Camaro. I wanted to share some pictures so others can see a Black and White version with interior. I saw an all black Tesla with white seats and black interior and liked it. It wasn't without some issues but i was able to resolve them. I went outside of the Traditional Box. Love it or hate it, i'm happy. Here they are.
      The biggest issue was the Driver seat had to be reversed and put into the Passenger position. visa versa. The reclining lever interfered with the seat belt retractor on both sides. So the reclining lever now is on the console side. I could have replaced the seat belt retractor with a aftermarket style but didn't want too. It has a clean look. Iv'e seen people be able to have the seat behind the retractor but not being tall it was not an option for me. I had a set of Procar Rally years ago is back in1995. The seats now are much nicer. The fabric feels like leather but is vinyl. An american based company but the seats are made in Mylasia FYI. I didn't realize it when i bought them but that explains the affordability.

Name:  IMG_5001.jpg
Views: 413
Size:  347.7 KBName:  IMG_5059.jpg
Views: 401
Size:  369.7 KBName:  IMG_8451.jpg
Views: 420
Size:  200.0 KBName:  IMG_5091.jpg
Views: 413
Size:  223.5 KBName:  IMG_5095.jpg
Views: 420
Size:  216.1 KBName:  image004.jpg
Views: 394
Size:  225.3 KBName:  IMG_5097.jpg
Views: 388
Size:  102.7 KB

seats look good, but you could of added an extension bar to the seat belt retractor to move it backwards.

Country Flag: United States
      I'm running into this exact issue right now with the recliner lever, so thank you for posting the pictures. Interesting how you solved it. I may try swapping the seats to get the lever on the inside. Seats look great by the way. I was running my factory white Deluxe seats until I got the Procar Rally's two weekends ago.

Camaro68+69, can you elaborate on the extension bar? Any pictures?

1955 Nomad project LC9, 4L80e, C5 brakes, Vision wheels
      1968 Camaro 6.2 w/ LSA, TR6060-Magnum hybrid and etc SOLD
      1976 T/A LS1 6 Speed, and etc. SOLD
      Follow me on Instagram: ryeguy2006a

How are they for getting in and out with the bolsters? I’m 5’10 180lb so I don’t need a lot of room…

Ryeguy

I put 2018 mustang seats in my 68 Camaro convertible, the mustang seats are a lot wider and longer bottom, So I couldn't use my original retractor in the original location. I made a 3" curved bracket on one end and drilled holes big enough for the original bolt to go thru and mounted the front of the bracket in the original bolt hole and used a bolt and nut on the other end for the retractor, so now the retractor sits 3" back form the original mounting hole, I actually don't want to take credit in coming up with that idea, I got the idea from morris classic concepts, they use an extension bar to mount their seat belts with after market seats.

Oh sorry for a very old reply.
      i kinda roll out of them. Lol
      im only 5'7".
      getting in and out is harder than stock.
      no doubt. Tilt steering would be nice. I figured
      losing the beer belly wouldn't hurt either

Not Safe

Mounting a lap belt that way ya'll is Unsafe!
      In an accident the extension bar will roll over and not stop
      the occupant until the the reel and bracket rotates forward.

However with a 3 point retractable seat belt extension bracket in the floor
      the force exerted on the bracket it will try to go to the 3 point top
      mount in the roof which is a very minimal amount of movement.

Billy

Quote Originally Posted by willss69 View Post
      Oh sorry for a very old reply.
      i kinda roll out of them. Lol
      im only 5'7".
      getting in and out is harder than stock.
      no doubt. Tilt steering would be nice. I figured
      losing the beer belly wouldn't hurt either

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com