Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Thread: Flood vehicles

Flood vehicles

Just FYI.
      I'm guessing after the east coast hurricane this summer there are going to be a ton (thousands) of salvage cars/trucks out on the market for sale. Not so much car interested but buyer beware in regards to swap engines and transmissions.
      Floods aren't clean water it's filled with toxic waste, sand, dirt and many other bad things.
      Again buyer beware.

Country Flag: United States
      Don't worry they'll all come to Florida, on I95, dually after dually carry wrecked cars into Florida, seen so many earlier this, looked like a mass exodus, probably to be cut up, stripped and sent below the Equator, to fix cars or be reassembled and sold

Steve68- 1968 Camaro SS LSX T56, 12bolt 3:90's, 18" Fikse Profil 13s, Deep Fathom Green paint, Spearcos, just bunch of old junk because another member said so, LOL

70 Nova SS street/drag 454, T400, 3:55, ugly!

Just curious. What could you use from a flood car? Is the engine toast? I know the electronics are full of water but what about suspension pieces?

I would only buy a flood engine if I knew upfront I was going to tear it down for a full inspection. I would insist if I bought from a salvage yard no bent rods in case someone tried to start it when it was full of water. Same with the trans and rear end.

Country Flag: Canada
      A car can have 2 inches of water on the carpet and it can be written off , things that factor in age , mileage, brand , model, interior type , location believe it or not, how much water , how long was it in the car ... any after treatment. Clean water, dirty water , salt water etc etc etc
      Spinnin'my tires in life's fast lane

Ryan Austin
      On twitter @raustinss
      On Instagram austinss70

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com