Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Gen V LT/8l90 tap shift question

I am in the middle of a LT swap on my 67 Nova and am trying to figure out to make the tap shift work…
      What I am trying to achieve is to be able to utilize the stock shifter from a 18 Camaro that has the manual slap shift function and the indicator display right beside it. I am running into a couple issues though, a) I can’t seem to find the correct harness to plug into the shifter and the indicator and B) trying to figure out how to tie the system all together!

From what I understand the shifter harness (that I can’t find a pt# for) runs to the bcm with a gmlan wire the the bcm send a second gmlan wire to the tcm to signal the tap up or tap down function.

So my question is this, can someone with experience tell me if what I said earlier is correct and what other headaches will I run into by wiring a bcm into the car? Will the bcm also need a communication with the ecm? Will the bcm work right if all of the other circuits dead? And last but not least how hard will it be to flash a bcm to communicate with all my other systems?

i hope this belongs in this forum…. I feel it’s definitely on the more technical side lol
      67ss Nova, the project that will never end!

Call these guys and ask your questions, they will be glad to help, and there's not many that know more about the GM transmissions... https://www.zerogravityperformance.com