Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Power steering lines Holley to Chevelle box

I have a 1970 Chevelle with an ls3 with Holley mid
      mount. I had my stock steering box rebuilt and was told it’s “quick ratio” by Carhex.

Need to know what fittings I need. I also want to do black braided lines. Any recommendations on where I can buy complete plug n play lines or where I can get the parts and build them myself.

Pics have the old lines still attached.
      Attached Images Attached Images      

On the pressure side you need to use the teflon lined (PTFE?) -6 hose. I'm not aware of any black -6 hose of that type. On the return you can use almost any -6 or regular power steering hose. Summit is my go to place for -6 stuff.

Country Flag: United States
      I used the Earl PS hose in my swap. It bends easier than the Normal ps lines. You can get the hose in blue or black and the fittings are natural or black finish. You can build it in a vise in your garage. I also used the turn one (low pressure side) fitting to convert the reservoir barb fitting to AN6.

https://turnonesteering.com/product/...apter-fitting/
      Chris
      1968 Chevy Camaro SS
      LS3/T56 DSE suspension

Quote Originally Posted by 130fe View Post
      I used the Earl PS hose in my swap. It bends easier than the Normal ps lines. You can get the hose in blue or black and the fittings are natural or black finish. You can build it in a vise in your garage. I also used the turn one (low pressure side) fitting to convert the reservoir barb fitting to AN6.

https://turnonesteering.com/product/...apter-fitting/

That fitting for the low pressure side. Did you have to use a 90* coming off it? It looks like the hose might hit the steering box.

That earls line will be perfect.

What did you do for the steering box itself? Threaded fitting to an?
      1970 Chevelle LS3/T56

Country Flag: United States
      Tony, I used the DSE fittings (their sub and rack) but I know Earls has different AN to whatever thread fitting you might need for your application. Used AN6 fittings from Earls between the components.
      Chris
      1968 Chevy Camaro SS
      LS3/T56 DSE suspension

Thanks guys for the help!
      1970 Chevelle LS3/T56

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com