Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
      Country Flag: Canada
      Quote Originally Posted by Josh@ridetech View Post
      Looking at our site, I show it listed as replacing an 800 series box. There is a rag joint needed to make it mate up to 600 series gear but the box itself is an 800 replacement (just tighter ratio). Fitment wise, I can't say I've had any issues with it being too big to fit. If you see a spot saying that it's a 600, can you please send me the link so I can have it fixed? On an actual 600 case, I can't say I know where the best place to look is. You could try calling Borgeson directly?
      As an outsider looking in and checking the website, the reference to the rag joint to fit a 600 series box to me is suggesting the box is a 600 series because the web page is suggestiing I need the additional part to make it work.

side note, 800 series box I had to grind to clear my PS pulled on my ls swap. A 600 series I do not have to touch the box to changes belts.

Matt
      72 Chevelle 370ci, 76mm single turbo, TKX, Speedtech Track Time, Millerbuilt Strange full floater 9", Brembo brakes, BC Forged 18x11s with 315s square
      Instagram: Cst_koon

Country Flag: United States
      The suggestion that it needs a rag joint to fit is because the spline count is different, most vendors don't know why thing are the way they are.
      https://www.protouringf-body.com "doing what they say can't be done"

Country Flag: Canada
      Quote Originally Posted by 79T/Aman View Post
      The suggestion that it needs a rag joint to fit is because the spline count is different, most vendors don't know why thing are the way they are.
      I understand that, All Im getting at is if it omitted the 600 series verbiage and simple a suggested rag joint, it would remove the ability for someone to assume it was a 600 box. It would be nice to have the box stated as what series it was. When I was looking for a box I kept looking as the info wasn't there.
      Matt
      72 Chevelle 370ci, 76mm single turbo, TKX, Speedtech Track Time, Millerbuilt Strange full floater 9", Brembo brakes, BC Forged 18x11s with 315s square
      Instagram: Cst_koon

Quote Originally Posted by protour_chevelle View Post
      Sweet manufacturing. I just installed one.
      Which box did you go with? Ratio and valve? Im looking around. How does it feel/handle? Thx

Quote Originally Posted by Josh@ridetech View Post
      Looking at our site, I show it listed as replacing an 800 series box. There is a rag joint needed to make it mate up to 600 series gear but the box itself is an 800 replacement (just tighter ratio). Fitment wise, I can't say I've had any issues with it being too big to fit. If you see a spot saying that it's a 600, can you please send me the link so I can have it fixed? On an actual 600 case, I can't say I know where the best place to look is. You could try calling Borgeson directly?
      It says 600-series-steering-box in the web address - https://www.ridetech.com/product/bor...-steering-box/
      I told the guy on the phone at ridetech this also and mailed the piece of paper with the return showing where it says 600 series.
      Replacing an 800 series box is vague. I think the description was copied from borgeson and everything else was left the same from when y'all used to sell turn one boxes. I think that's why one of the tags is turn one.
      Attached Images Attached Images  
      http://www.youtube.com/user/cutlassrkt?feature=mhee
      69 cutlass - 5.3l L33, Jakes stage 3 4L80e, 275/40/17 proxes tq

I had submitted a review to ridetech on the steering box about a month or 2 ago. I guess they did not approve it since it was not positive or enough stars. It was pretty much the same as what I had said in my previous post. Nothing on the web page has been updated. Still has 600 series and turn one tagged on the product page. It is false/misleading advertising.
      http://www.youtube.com/user/cutlassrkt?feature=mhee
      69 cutlass - 5.3l L33, Jakes stage 3 4L80e, 275/40/17 proxes tq

We always thought the 600 is for drag racing, I don't know why they would of put street on the description. I guess they made them stronger for street use.

I have the Lee blueprinted 800 series box, in the 14:1 ratio with 30-pound torsion bar. I like the Grant 13" steering wheel. It's perfect with the 14:1 ratio.

Tuning alignment on street cars, I keep the camber as close to zero as possible but crank up the positive caster. I have my 69 el Camino set for 7.5 to 8 degrees Positive caster, I have the camber set to about a tenth of a degree negative to the negative.
      When my car pulled to one side I used cross caster but when it slowly drifted to the right, I used cross camber to correct that.
      I have Marks Stage three set up with the Howe .9 and .5 ball joints and the hex adjustment couplings. These make tuning simpler.

[QUOTE=pitts64;1382723]We always thought the 600 is for drag racing, I don't know why they would of put street on the description. I guess they made them stronger for street use.

I believe there is confusion here with the 625 Vega steering gear that was the go to drag race box, not at all the same as an aftermarket 600 series.
      https://www.protouringf-body.com "doing what they say can't be done"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com