Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Has anyone has success with Anvil Auto products?

I'm looking into some parts from these guys for my 70 split bumper. Mainly looking into the front splitter and 3pc spoiler in gloss carbon fiber. Do any of you run their products?
      They also make hoods/fenders/bumpers/dash clusters etc etc. Seems like decent quality stuff, just wanting to hear some real world feedback before pulling the trigger.
      Thanks guys!!

Name:  rs_front_nose_anvil_1800x1800.jpg
Views: 314
Size:  95.2 KBName:  17039257_10154628174261747_6355683847501978269_o_1800x1800.jpg
Views: 316
Size:  328.7 KB

I have a bunch of their parts on my 69 Camaro. Quality is ok but the leadtimes can be extremely long. Generally count on many months or longer if they don’t have it in stock. I tried to only use parts that were in stock but I did have to wait several months for some of them.

Their carbon parts are much nicer than their fiberglass in my experience.

Don
      1969 Camaro - LSA 6L90E AME sub/IRS
      1957 Buick Estate Wagon
      1959 El Camino - Ironworks frame
      1956 Cameo - full C5 suspension/drivetrain
      1959 Apache Fleetside

Quote Originally Posted by dhutton View Post
      I have a bunch of their parts on my 69 Camaro. Quality is ok but the leadtimes can be extremely long. Generally count on many months or longer if they don’t have it in stock. I tried to only use parts that were in stock but I did have to wait several months for some of them.

Their carbon parts are much nicer than their fiberglass in my experience.

Don

Thanks for the info. So far what I've called on was in stock. Splitter/spoiler/gauge bezel so that's a plus.
      I would eventually like to do the header, facia and hood. But I'm gonna start small with them it think, we're talking a lot of money for that stuff lol

I just received a hood from them that wasn't in stock. I think I was just under a year to get it. I was admittedly nervous that I would never see it. I'd check on it from time to time and always got a reply. No dodging emails in other words. Just resting it in place without mounting it seemed to fit well. It will need work. I also have a nose that I never tried, but did set up with trim, bezels, etc. It did need a opening up here and there of some trim/bezel holes.

If all runs smoothly, I'll be trying both on the car over the winter.
      1971 Firebird
      2017 Slipstream SS

Quote Originally Posted by cpd004 View Post
      I just received a hood from them that wasn't in stock. I think I was just under a year to get it. I was admittedly nervous that I would never see it. I'd check on it from time to time and always got a reply. No dodging emails in other words. Just resting it in place without mounting it seemed to fit well. It will need work. I also have a nose that I never tried, but did set up with trim, bezels, etc. It did need a opening up here and there of some trim/bezel holes.

If all runs smoothly, I'll be trying both on the car over the winter.

WOW I'll be really excited to see that all come together, any ideas on a time frame?

Quote Originally Posted by ~STOLEN~ View Post
      WOW I'll be really excited to see that all come together, any ideas on a time frame?

Me too! Not really. I'm just a working dad trying to play around with this car from time to time among what life throws our way. My goals have changed since I bought it due to some forks in the road. The Anvil parts should be on it over the winter. I don't have any intention on keeping them unpainted, but will likely have some of it show if I can come with a plan on how to make it work.

I'm definitely no welder so it's going in to get the 4 link straightened out from a previous shop. I decided to upgrade to the new R joints. Like everything else with this car, every time I change one thing, 3 other things have to change. The upper bars are an inch longer than my old original ones. This throws off the pinion angle.

I can't speak for anything other than my experience with Anvil. Other than the really long delivery time-during the pandemic-I haven't had an issue. I wouldn't hesitate to use them again.

1971 Firebird
      2017 Slipstream SS

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com