Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6
      Country Flag: United States
      Looks good, but that's right down where the mud and the crud get splashed up. Might want to think about putting a boot on it.

https://kryptoniteproducts.com/produ...tive-dust-boot
      2021 Durango R/T
      2005 Dakota beater
      2003 Dakota project-o-mobile

Quote Originally Posted by Vimes View Post
      Looks good, but that's right down where the mud and the crud get splashed up. Might want to think about putting a boot on it.

https://kryptoniteproducts.com/produ...tive-dust-boot
      That's a good idea! I wonder if that will fit? I can make it fit one way or another...

https://youtu.be/xOx0w3rvumA

Sway bars are done and they're pretty mint. Front is a free 33mm Blazer bar from the Z69 that's hooked to the strut via a Dodge Ram end link to the old FWD steering arm. That means it's direct-acting like an FE7 Beretta bar, but twice the thickness! Rear is a 23mm Blazer bar that's adjustable via split collars that can slide up and down the bar. They hook to one of several holes in the frame via 5th (or 6tth?) gen Camaro balljoint-style end links. The bushings in front just go to some plates welded on the subframe, and the rear bushings are on some DIY exhaust clamp brackets on the axle tubes.

Mmmkay...if you're following my youtube you know I went to LS fest! That's about a 2000 mile road trip after maybe 400 miles on the build. haha

https://youtu.be/yLVE5glI8Tw?si=-kMTNMoW0sgqlNau

I took my trailer down, packed with tools, just in case anything broke. I drove down with Chris (speedy on bnet) and his 5.3/TKX Jeep. My shifter broke off at our second gas stop, so I had to shift the little nub until we got to Summit in Tallmadge, OH. Got to the show thinking I'd be one of the weirdest cars there and parked next to an S/C LS DeLorean. haha Show/race is absolutely massive. Did some burnouts at the after party and then came home with my new Nascar buddy from Boston. I had a relay he needed, and he had a bolt I needed so it worked out good.

Next video is my dyno pull, that goes live tmo. Check it out!

Don't know how I missed you at LS Fest, but it is good to see this project on the road!

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

That is nice looking. Looks pretty much stock.
      2021 Durango R/T
      2005 Dakota beater
      2003 Dakota project-o-mobile

Quote Originally Posted by andrewb70 View Post
      Don't know how I missed you at LS Fest, but it is good to see this project on the road!
      It feels so good to finally put some miles on it! And it drives really tame and comfortable. Should be zero problem daily driving it.

Dyno'd the car at LS Fest and it was pretty weak...I bet it's slower than my 3400 car was. But I have a great remedy coming for that, now that the RWD stuff is sorted out...
      https://youtu.be/NL2tgNHHZr4?si=GMHL2KbHqWBRDC_4

And the interior is 99% done and looking pretty good. Got the shifter switched back to the factory knob. haha

https://youtu.be/Bzn2lg3AseA?si=9zdyhwwOXC_avQr5

Oops. Guess I never posted my pre-race video. haha Working on my drag video right now.

But I did get the throttle body to work better, and I changed the hot air intake to cold air. Had to ditch the Beretta coolant reservoir and get creative with a Saturn one, but it works fine...has the same steam ports and the low coolant light sensor plugs right in.

https://youtu.be/oe-nxmfGLGU?si=WxVhtiIbM3HPhFrr

Really cool updates man! I'm following along and watch the videos when I can.

1955 Nomad project LC9, 4L80e, C5 brakes, Vision wheels
      1968 Camaro 6.2 w/ LSA, TR6060-Magnum hybrid and etc SOLD
      1976 T/A LS1 6 Speed, and etc. SOLD

Drove this heap to the drag strip, I and got the old man to come with his Roadrunner too. He was diagnosed with liver and pancreatic cancer in August and it's not good. Not good at all. So we're trying to live life to the fullest with the time we have.

His car is a 68 Roadrunner with a 440 4spd. I've driven it and was fairly unimpressed, but I've also been underwhelmed with the 4.8 power, so we figured running them would be fun. He hadn't raced since 2005, and I hadn't since I sold the last Beretta in spring of 2021.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnJjsLf9y2s

I freakin smoked that junk. And I finally just got my datalogging working - and discovered a spark problem. So I band-aided the tune and gained 8mph the next pass. Felt a lot better! It's still slower than I'd like, but I made a couple changes in the last few days and it's feeling really good now. So I'm gonna take it back next weekend and see if I can squeak 12s out of it. Maybe?

Changes felt good, and it ran faster. But still couldn't beat the 3400 ET! I did out-trap it by a few MPH though, so it will beat the 3400...but not this year because I went to the last track day of the season. My shocks just aren't controlling the rear axle like they need to, so I'm going to buy double-adjustable Vikings. Won't need much 60' improvement to beat the 13.29. Just a 10th should do it.

So I'm going to hold off on my power upgrade for right now. I want to see what this stock LR4 can do. The goal is still 12sec 1/4 mile and 30mpg highway. 13.45 and 26mpg isn't that far away. I think they are both within reach.

Kinda sad that the weather has changed and I gotta put it away just as I'm getting it dialed in and working AWESOME as a summer beater.

https://youtu.be/2lmnyYses54

Man you sure have came a long way with that build, I bet its super fun to drive!

Very cool man! I like your "tuning" workbench haha

Quote Originally Posted by NASTY-LSX View Post
      Man you sure have came a long way with that build, I bet its super fun to drive!
      It feels really good now that I got the spark fixed. I prob wouldn't have bought the alum 5.3 if it felt this good from the start. lol

Quote Originally Posted by ryeguy2006a View Post
      Very cool man! I like your "tuning" workbench haha
      The cheap tuning has been worth every penny...but there are drawbacks. haha. I just bought a USB OBDX Pro VX that's supposed to flash 4x faster than my current Droid setup and it can go straight from PC to PCM. Should be faster logging also. I'm excited to try that out.
      So it's no longer:
      TunerPro changes on PC
      hotspot with my new phone
      Email from PC to old phone
      12min flash from old phone to bluetooth

I did have good luck with that method, but it was cumbersome and I didn't use it enough and I'd find myself with a new phone and then have to do the three flash thing which became annoying. I much preferred HP tuners. I know it was a lot up front, but when I had mine I had my buddies help pay for it. I'd have them pay for the credits to unlock their car and a few bucks for my time to make changes to their cars. I sold it earlier this year since I find myself using only Holley now, but it was definitely worth it's weight in gold.

Quote Originally Posted by ryeguy2006a View Post
      I did have good luck with that method, but it was cumbersome and I didn't use it enough and I'd find myself with a new phone and then have to do the three flash thing which became annoying. I much preferred HP tuners. I know it was a lot up front, but when I had mine I had my buddies help pay for it. I'd have them pay for the credits to unlock their car and a few bucks for my time to make changes to their cars. I sold it earlier this year since I find myself using only Holley now, but it was definitely worth it's weight in gold.
      Yeah, I was really thinking hard about HPTuners when I stumbled into LS Droid. For $50, I've tuned a dozen computers or more. My truck, my Beretta, my Blazer, a couple Tahoes, an S10, another Blazers, a few more swap PCMs. And i can clone any PCM into anything. My 4.8 computer has a 96 Beretta VIN even. haha

I have a Holley HP for my Camaro and I'm looking forward to trying that out.

Ok I got to use that new OBDX and it's a huge upgrade to the cheap tuning. Main thing in my case now...I can flash from the OBD2 port in the car in 3 mins, instead of pulling the PCM out and 12min flashing from a bench harness and putting it back together. That's like 20-25mins down to 3. And I was also able to successfully do a "calibration-only" flash in less than a minute. My OBDlink bluetooth failed every single time I tried doing the shorter flash, it only worked with complete clone flashes.
      Quick datalog in my Blazer also looks like it datalogs much faster, so I'm stoked about it. At only $80 it's a steal, honestly.

https://youtu.be/YpyRHYYXAr4

Man, this is such a cool build. I love seeing all these '80s cars getting retro'd and improved

I set a budget goal of $5,000 to build this daily beater LS swap. Nothing crazy, just a great daily/highway/burnout car...and some racing. It's done (mostly) and I love it. But those dollars add up quick, even when you're being cheap. I could have pinched more pennies, but I'm still real happy for how it turned out. Bang for the buck is still excellent.

https://youtu.be/af7hnmPfyV4?si=yx7YGchqDtmmbDYW

I always thought these cars would have been fun as hell if they came RWD from the factory.

Officially announcing my worst kept secret! I bought an aluminum L33 to throw in the Beretta. It's more cubes, more compression, more cam, better heads, MORE POWER, and less weight. And it has the better gen4 rods, but still 24x crank reluctor so it works with my existing truck wiring and it was only $500. I can prob sell the 4.8 for that. haha I'm going to convert the DBW harness to DBC and use it in another project...or maybe just sell one. I probably don't need five 5.3s around...
      https://youtu.be/NjNUj-wPlA4

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com