Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Stand alone harness

I installed a PSI harness and ECU and have had nothing but issues. Dealing with PSI has been a pain and nothing is ever their fault. I have thrown who knows how many parts at the car at their recommendation and still have the same issue. I finally took it to a shop and they said my issue is in the engine harness (PSI) and rather than chasing down the harness problem it would be cheaper to pull the harness and put a new one in. The ECU has already been replaced and it’s not a PSI one (done at their recommendation). All I need is a harness, any recommendations? Also, if you’re thinking about buying from PSI shoot me a line and I’ll tell you the issues I’ve had with them.

Country Flag: United States
      I have had good luck with Speartech. They are not the lowest cost but their stuff just works.

Don
      1969 Camaro - LSA 6L90E AME sub/IRS
      1957 Buick Estate Wagon
      1959 El Camino - Ironworks frame
      1956 Cameo - full C5 suspension/drivetrain
      1959 Apache Fleetside

Quote Originally Posted by dhutton View Post
      I have had good luck with Speartech. They are not the lowest cost but their stuff just works.

Don
      I'm with Don on this one .... After much research and talking with the guys at Speartech we purchased a harness and ECU to drive a LS7 w/ 4L80E. We haven't run it yet ( just got it a few weeks ago and getting ready to start on the project soon) but the harness looks very well laid out with quality harness cover not some plastic wire loom as seen on other conversions kits.
      Give them a call and see if they can help you out

BB

Quote Originally Posted by firebirdzig View Post
      I installed a PSI harness and ECU and have had nothing but issues. Dealing with PSI has been a pain and nothing is ever their fault. I have thrown who knows how many parts at the car at their recommendation and still have the same issue. I finally took it to a shop and they said my issue is in the engine harness (PSI) and rather than chasing down the harness problem it would be cheaper to pull the harness and put a new one in. The ECU has already been replaced and it’s not a PSI one (done at their recommendation). All I need is a harness, any recommendations? Also, if you’re thinking about buying from PSI shoot me a line and I’ll tell you the issues I’ve had with them.
      Crap I just ordered one 3 weeks ago from PSI and haven't received it yet. For LS7 also.
      Hope I have better luck.
      TANKMASTERJ
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...touring-Camaro
      Jasons Toys
      67 Camaro White Lightning LMR LS7 powered, Speed tech Front and Rear.
      2023 Rapid Blue ZL1 the Blue Devil
      2000 HD Softail
      1989 CBR Hurricane anniversary edition

LSX Specialties gets my vote. I've heard good things about Speartech also.

The feedback on PSI is hit or miss.

What ecu and trans are you running? I may have something on the shelf ready to go. If not, its 12 weeks to make one....
      1970 VW Bug - Just your average mid engine Bug
      Track toy - 06 Evo - E85 and lots of boost
      Newest track toy - 2021 Supra

I have an e38 ecu, 58x, and an 02 fbody t56.

Try BP Automotive. Bill has harnesses in stock. Just ordered two of them. They were here in about a week...

T,

Speartech reworked my stock LS2 GTO harness that’s in my Nova 10 years ago before they were doing stand alone. I have never had an issue with it.

Curious to know what issue you're having? Maybe someone here can have you diagnose and fix it, if you're up to it, instead of buying a new harness?
      Tu Ho
      Firebird V2-LS swap

The ecu is randomly losing power from the harness from the main power cable that is hooked up to the starter. The shop jumped both the ignition power and main power. It stopped the car from randomly dying while driving. (You would be driving, feel a shutter and then the ecu would shut off. Radio, gauges, lights ect would all stay on but the ecu would turn off. We caught it while my tuner was hooked up and we were drive tuning the car and you could see right before the ecu turned off it lost power.) The pedal would also randomly go dead but not throw any codes. PSI has been zero help except for helping me throw money at a new throttle body, rewiring a bunch of stuff that I wired, a new alternator ect ect ect. Nothing has been their fault. My tuner even gave me a new ecu and we tuned that ecu and still had the same issues. The shop tested everything and narrowed it down to the PSI harness. The next step would be to pull the harness, unwrap the wires, and chase all of them down to find the short/ bad crimp/ whatever it is that is causing the problem. The shop’s recommendation was for me to take the car, pull the harness and either put in a new harness or the Holley Terminator. The other option was to leave it with them and they could chase the problem or put in a new harness but it would cost me a lot more at this point than to just take it and do it myself.

Quote Originally Posted by TANKMASTERJ View Post
      Crap I just ordered one 3 weeks ago from PSI and haven't received it yet. For LS7 also.
      Hope I have better luck.
      I would see if you can cancel your order…

Quote Originally Posted by rickpaw View Post
      Curious to know what issue you're having? Maybe someone here can have you diagnose and fix it, if you're up to it, instead of buying a new harness?
      I replied separately, it didn’t attach to your comment. My bad

I would see if you can cancel your order…
      Wish I could but has arrived. I'm a few months away from trying it. I still got to install my Wegner accessories drive and the rain gear wiper kit before I can slide my subframe back under the car. Hopefully I do t have these problems.
      Jaaon
      TANKMASTERJ
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...touring-Camaro
      Jasons Toys
      67 Camaro White Lightning LMR LS7 powered, Speed tech Front and Rear.
      2023 Rapid Blue ZL1 the Blue Devil
      2000 HD Softail
      1989 CBR Hurricane anniversary edition

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com