Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Roadster Shop Spec vs. No Limit

I am looking to start ordering parts for my 1969 c10 soon.

This will mostly be a low, fast, driver. LS3, 20 or 22" wheels, big brakes. But i cant say that i wont try to do a bit of autocross for fun. Maybe 2-3 events a year would be all i could do. So mostly looking to just have fun. Reliability is the main concern as we do the power tour, etc.

I have mostly looked into the RS Spec Coil frame. Is anyone auto-crossing this frame? How do you like the frame.
      I like the 4.5" ride height that this frame can offer.

I have looked at the No Limit frames and they are very well built. My main concern is that with them the ride height is higher then i would like to be. Any one had experience there?

This is the ride height i am going for on coils. https://www.instagram.com/p/BjQsYX0Abnf/

Also, I have heard some concern that when running a bigger lip on the rear wheel. That it could cause some brake bump back. Is this really a concern on curvy fast roads, or more when going all out on a race course. I hate to dump more money into a full float rear if it is not really necessary.

Thanks for the advice.

I have a slam spec (bags) on order for my dent side F100. If I wanted to race it, I would have gone FastTrack.

You need to decide on how serious you will be about autocross. With that much wheel and tire diameter, pad knock back can be an issue in the front on that pro spindle, which is really just a mustang II spindle. The rear geometry on the slam spec chassis isn't really performance oriented either. That's not to say you can't autocross it, it just won't be real good at it. For low, comfortable, and reliable I don't think you can go wrong with the RS chassis just be realistic with your autocross expectations.
      Donny

Support your local hot rod shop!

Realistically this will be more of a cruiser. More have fun on curvy roads.

I may be able to realistically get to 2 maybe 3 autocross days a year. Don't think it will be worth going full race truck for this as it will get away from the 95% use of just driving it.
      I also tend to snowball. If i commit to a race truck i know it will turn into a full Level 7 budget buster.

I had this same conversation with myself and ultimately decided that lay frame, do burnouts, and drive to far away places comfortably was what I really wanted to do with this truck. I let the bolded and the budget drive the parts selection.
      Donny

Support your local hot rod shop!

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com