Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

1968 Firebird 400 - looking for wheel/tire combo

Hello!

I have a 1968 Firebird factory 400, 4-speed, posi.

I am new to this form, after owing my bird for 17 years, finally able to get started on it with the dream of pro touring style.

I am looking for help and suggestions for stock fitment of a “big” wheel and tire.

This will not be the permanent combo just want to get something more towards the touring style for now.

My bird is a big project, dream is to mini tub since my trunk has some rusted spots already, also needs a lot of body work in the quarters, also had a sunroof cut in (why!)

I would appreciate any help/suggestions also pics of your wheels on stock fitment! Thank you in advance!
      Attached Images Attached Images    

I am/was in very similar space as you, have 67 firebird that I am working on getting road worthy after 7yrs sitting. My car is currently stock suspension and no tubs. There are many cast wheel choices from American racing, US mags and Rocket wheels to name a few. I went with American Racing VN507 in 18x8 and keeping in conservative with tires 235/245 range. These wheels will allow me to get back on road and work when I get suspension upgrades etc.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com