Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Any differential experts on here that can give me advice on my pattern?

This is my first differential set up. I知 re-gearing and adding a new carrier to my bop 10 bolt. I had to bump the pinion shim from 0.030 to 0.043 to get the pattern as centered as it is. This is with .007 backlash. Currently with setup bearings. Just want some advice before final assembly.

Attached Images Attached Images    

did you get this installed? how is it running?

I wish I could have chimed in back in September, but I don't think my advice would have been any good because I have been going round and round on a rear gear setup myself.
      Zach

1970 Mach 1 build - Half-Breed (pro-touring.com)

I haven稚 ran it yet. Still building the car but I did use that as my final shim stack. From what I can see everything is within tolerance according to Yukon. When I run it I値l pull the cover after a few hundred miles and see how the pattern looks.

For what it's worth, the pattern looks text book to me. backlash might be a little tight, unless that's within spec for that gear set. Hopefully its smooth sailing for you. But again, i'm no expert and I have mixed results with my gear setups (mainly due to me not doing proper break in).

good Luck.
      Zach

1970 Mach 1 build - Half-Breed (pro-touring.com)

Quote Originally Posted by Zachalanche View Post
      For what it's worth, the pattern looks text book to me. backlash might be a little tight, unless that's within spec for that gear set. Hopefully its smooth sailing for you. But again, i'm no expert and I have mixed results with my gear setups (mainly due to me not doing proper break in).

good Luck.
      Pinion is too deep. Although both your drive and coast patterns are centered toe to heel, they are too far to the flank (root).
      Dave

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com