Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Looking For Help With No-Spark Issue - Holley HP On 69 Camaro 396

I am exhausted. I am overwhelmed. I am willing to pay someone to come put their mind to this problem - but have not located anyone local, because I don't know what else to try.

I really want to thank everyone in advance for taking the time to read through my post..... Thank you!
      Brett.....

This is prefaced by saying that the majority of this setup had been running for two years. I added a pwm electric fan to replace my old clutch fan and was tweaking the settings a little at a time. So here is my story;

Holley HP ECU-Car died the other day-Started but died right away twice, then no start. I had a guy adjusting my tune remotely at the time (while car was running) and he said he had made a change, so he changed it back I think he changed the distributor type when the car died, but I also pushed on the E-brake at the same time. I have checked all connections under the dash near the e-brake pedal, even improved the 12v switched connection.
      Replaced the CD Ignition box with a new one. Replaced coil. Replaced the HP ECU (with a new one) after I sent my original one to a guy and he tried it in his car and his car would not start.
      A new ECU still resulted in no spark. I ordered a new distributor cap and rotor but have not received it. I guess this second ECU could have fried. I have a third ECU on it's way with a new harness. I have a Holley Dual Sync distributor and it has the red light inside and it flashes when cranking. My digital dash shows engine RPM while cranking.
      This is my need. Can you help me pin point where the spark is being lost? Ie; The white wire that comes from the ECU and that goes into the CD Ignition box labeled “Points”. Can I do something with a lighted tester or multi-meter to try to find out where the spark stops?
      The Summit Ignition box I have, should be flashing when I crank, but it is not. The LED lights up when I turn the key on and it lights up when I turn the key off.
      I also have an MSD Tach adapter that my signal goes through as well. Maybe that is where I’m losing spark. I can try to bypass it. It will just not run my OE tach on my dash but that is okay if it fires and I narrow it down to the Tach adapter being faulty. It does not appear to be getting voltage to the coil. I do not have spark at the plugs and with a timing light connected I get no flash when I crank. There has got to be a point where there is no voltage, but I'm not smart enough to know exactly where I should check for it. I am also going to post this on the Holley forum. I have done the "pull wire away from ground source to verify spark" and confirmed spark.

Any pin number or wire location measurement to isolate my issue would be great. This car has had almost the same setup for two years. I just upgraded to PWM Vintage Air Monster Fan and he was adjusting my tune to accommodate my new fan operation. Now I have a Blazing Hot Mess! Thank you in advance for any suggestions.
      Brett....

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com