Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

But Which Header?

Ok I bought some cheap EBay mid length headers, no bueno! Which company produces a mid length header that doesn’t need any modifications to clear the power steering box? I really can’t see why you need to modify a product that states it’s a fit for your car.

Country Flag: United States
      It would help to know what kind of car you've got... I can ass u me a 69 Camaro but I I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by showdog75 View Post
      It would help to know what kind of car you've got... I can ass u me a 69 Camaro but I don't know.
      And maybe what engine. And on here, maybe even which chassis (stock, aftermarket brand?).
      Red Forman: "The Mustang's front end is problematic; get yourself a Firebird."

Most people have to bash a dent in their headers to get it to fit around something on the drive side. I went through 3 sets plus figuring out I had the wrong engine mounts before I found something that cleared with no interference.

As you can see by my picture I have a 69 Camaro with a 350. I don’t mind denting in the one tube that interferes with the power steering box but if I buy ceramic coated headers wouldn’t that damage that coating?

Check out Sanderson headers

I had to beat on my ceramic coated Hooker headers to get them to fit, annoying. The coating is actually rather "flexible" and conformed to the new shape pretty well, it did flake off a little bit where they really needed a good beating. I just scuffed the areas and applied ceramic paint and it's held up fine.

Nick ~
      1969 Cutlass

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com