Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

art Morrison rear canted 4 link frame kit 68 Camaro

Looking for people who installed there canted 4 link in a 68 camaro, how does it handle from daily driving to light road coarse use? I have currently installed DSE front subframe , and looked at there set up rear suspension but the fact that between the rear housing, brackets its not much more to get art Morrisons and you have new frame rails. Also you would have to notch the rear oem rails to clear inner rear tire .morrison frame looks like its profiled to clear .

Country Flag: United States
      Are your current frame rails a problem? If not, there is little to no benefit for replacing them. I work with a shop that has installed the AME frame kits, it is quite a lot of work and requires fabrication skills.

There are other good options out there for the First Gen cars, every single one of them has advantages and drawbacks, there is no perfect solution.
      Mark Magers

Founder and Principal, Lateral Dynamics LLC
      [email protected]
      lateral-dynamics.com

One tenth of a second on the race track is often the difference between first place, and fourth.

I installed an Art Morrison rear subframe for my AME IRS. It’s a stout piece, no notched factory frame rails needed. When you tie it to the subframe with their weld in subframe connectors you are as close to a full frame as you can get imho. I don’t think the level of fabrication is much different than notching the factory rails for Minitubs. There is something rewarding about cutting out those thin gauge factory frame rails…

Mandatory disclaimer: I am not a mechanical engineer…

I know the price delta is significant but their IRS is a very nice piece imho. Fantastic ride quality…

Don
      1969 Camaro - LSA 6L90E AME sub/IRS
      1957 Buick Estate Wagon
      1959 El Camino - Ironworks frame
      1956 Cameo - full C5 suspension/drivetrain
      1959 Apache Fleetside

Quote Originally Posted by mtalp50 View Post
      Looking for people who installed there canted 4 link in a 68 camaro, how does it handle from daily driving to light road coarse use? I have currently installed DSE front subframe , and looked at there set up rear suspension but the fact that between the rear housing, brackets its not much more to get art Morrisons and you have new frame rails. Also you would have to notch the rear oem rails to clear inner rear tire .morrison frame looks like its profiled to clear .

I've never heard the Triangulated 4-bar described as a "Canted 4 link". But I assume this is what your asking about. I haven't driven mine as my 69 Camaro project has sat idle since I've been scca racing but I do have install pics and can vouch for how easy the install went with two experienced people. My cousin and I installed mine in a weekend.

I prepped the DSE tubs to pop into place prior to cutting the frame out of the car. The ease of install depends on the cars current state. IE: Stripped project or driver. The AM frame is notched where the DSE tub would require factory frame rails to be notched. Honestly fitting the DSE tubs is probably the hardest part.

Your welcome to text me at 714-658-6291. I can send you pics of my install.

AME did a great video that can answer some of your questions. https://youtu.be/aO2yva2JvAY
      69 Camaro
      Art Morrison C6 Subframe
      Art Morrison Tri-4 link

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com