Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Rad hoses for LQ4 swap into 79 T/A

Hi All -

Got my LS swap (LQ4/4L60E) almost done, having a tough time identifying correct hoses for the radiator. I'm using the OEM 4 core rdiator w/ the top hose on the drivers side, lower on the passenger side.
      What hoses did ya'll use?

Country Flag: United States
      I'm surprised you haven't gotten an answer on this yet. Some other factors are what water pump and if you're using an electric fan or mechanical. The standard truck hoses actually work with the stock location but the issue is the '79 fan shroud gets in the way. Are you using the LQ4 truck accessories?

Cold Case radiators makes a "LS swap" radiator that has the inlet and outlet on the passenger side if that's in your budget.
      https://www.coldcaseradiators.com/pr...mance-radiator

On my g-body swap i did back in 02', I hand pick several hoses hanging up in the back of an Advance store. Later I made stainless tube sections to connect between 2 hoses. Besides looking better it was much more versatile on clocking the fit after turns, can use needed portion of more than 1 hose.

Made mine from handicap handrails from homestore. Sanded & buffed to mirror. Double hose clamped since I didn't have beading tool for ends.Name:  DSC00657.jpg
Views: 130
Size:  300.1 KB

If you have the spare funds, I'd recommend getting an 2010 Camaro LS3 water pump (truck accessory spacing). It puts the outlet on the driver's side making hose routing much simpler.

I don't think there's a hose you can just buy and it fits. I ended up buying 1 hose with the bends I needed, then cut the hose and used a coupler with a tee in it to run the vent in the upper hose like this:

https://www.amazon.com/ICT-Billet-Ra...9810615&sr=8-1

*Jeff*
      Project Salty - 1964 4 door Malibu, beaten, neglected, red headed foster child
      Cammed LQ4 / T56 Swap Project Thread <-click to read! 😁

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com