Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Moving to New Orleans

I will be moving from Yuma Az to New Orleans in 2 weeks. I am not seeing very many homes with garages or shops in that area. Can anyone tell me what they do for car/toy storage in that area?

Quote Originally Posted by Chirus View Post
      I will be moving from Yuma Az to New Orleans in 2 weeks. I am not seeing very many homes with garages or shops in that area. Can anyone tell me what they do for car/toy storage in that area?
      My guess is that they live on the other side of the lake.

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Looking up down and left and right. going to get an agent when i get there. going to leave the cars here until I am setup. Been looking at at metal buildings.

I am on the other side of the state but everywhere I have been IN New Orleans is old and kind of scary. North shore areas seem to be where people in my income level live.

It will be best to contact a realtor if you prefer a home with a garage.

Has anyone heard from Chirus since the hurricane hit?
      2021 Durango R/T
      2005 Dakota beater
      2003 Dakota project-o-mobile

Scary maybe, but great food and music.

Alive and well. Got to New Orleans the Friday before the storm, headed north and rode it our in Huntsville Alabama.
      Started work today. all is well. might have to sell my hotrod for a boat.

Not too many homes in NO proper with garages (for anything other than some elevation when the floods come). Lots of street parking, parking behind/side of the house, that sort of thing. Agree that you should use an agent to find a home with a proper garage.

I grew up on the Northshore (Slidell/Pearl River) but lived in N.O. for 3 years for school in the mid-1990's. Had a mid-year Corvette (66 327/300, 4 sp) that was parked on the street (dumb move on my part) that got stolen from where I was living in Uptown. Never recovered.

Anyway, if you need a place with a garage, check out the Northshore or the West Bank. Metairie, too, but stuff there is a bit more spendy.

Good luck, and if you find yourself on Magazine Street in uptown, stop by the Bulldog Bar for a beer. I tended bar there from 1994-1996 or so.
      Check out my YouTube channel for vintage car and truck rescues and rebuilds! THE BULLETPROOF GARAGE!!! - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by Chirus View Post
      From a dream to reality! When I decided to venture into the hospitality industry, I knew it was a journey filled with challenges and opportunities. I took the plunge and purchased a hotel, my very own slice of the hospitality sector at New Orlean. To manage this exciting endeavor, I hired a dedicated team, and together, we transformed the hotel into a beacon of luxury and comfort. A key part of our makeover was adding elegant hotel numbers from bsign-store.com elevating the guest experience and ensuring a seamless check-in process. Today, my hotel business thrives, and the numbers on our doors are a symbol of our success, inviting guests from all over to experience the magic we've created.
      New Orelan is great place for stay and living. I have already bought apartment in that place.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com