Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: Canada

Hello from Cortes Island, BC!

Hi Folks! I joined and posted a hello thread back in '14 when I thought I was going to get a '66 Le Mans, but then didn't. Well, I'm the proud new owner of a rare 1968 Beaumont Wagon and I'm back! For the un-initiated, the Beaumont - and it's sister, the Canso were anomalies of the US Auto Pact, where until 1970 Pontiacs were not for sale in Canada. GM's solution was to create a separate division, Acadian, and sold the Chevelle/Le Mans-like Beaumont and the Chevy II/Nova-like Canso. The Canso lasted until 1971, but the Beaumont's last year was 1969. The Beaumont is mechanically a Chevelle, but has some Le Mans finishes. Most notably, the dash is from the Lemans but the console, if so equipped, was from a Chevelle. Door panels were unique, I believe - and will likely be impossible to find. The front bodywork was essentially Chevelle, but featured a split Pontiac style grille and a unique emblem with the Pontiac arrow-head but two Maple Leafs above it. It was for sale for a long time, and eventually the price dropped and I made room in my stable for it. I'll start a project thread, but here's the for-sale pics as a starting point, plus one showing what the interior could look like.

Cheers,
      darguy
      Attached Images Attached Images            

Country Flag: United States
      welcome looks like a solid car. what are the big plans ?

odd duck but as a Canadian, gotta love it , welcome can't wait to see what you have planned
      Spinnin'my tires in life's fast lane

Ryan Austin
      On twitter @raustinss
      On Instagram austinss70

Quote Originally Posted by oldschoolmuscle View Post
      welcome looks like a solid car. what are the big plans ?
      Quote Originally Posted by raustinss View Post
      odd duck but as a Canadian, gotta love it , welcome can't wait to see what you have planned
      Ha ha, yeah it's odd all right! The vision is for it to be a regular 6-months a year driver, and use it as the proverbial 'grocery getter'. We do supply runs about 4 times a year from Cortes Island, and my wife's Echo does a pretty good job but if we have any big stuff to bring back then I'd have to take my pickup. This will fit nicely in-between those two. It'll get upgraded mechanicals and all kinds of interior work along the way!

Cheers,
      darguy