Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

LQ4 6LITER, 4L80E into my 1967 Camaro

Hello all, i was just given a LQ4 6 liter with 4L80E transmission for my all stock, all original 67 Camaro,, where does one start off to buy engine/tranny mounts and oil pan, and then so on.. or does everyone just call Summit Racing and just order from them? Any and All help and suggestions are greatly appreciated to say the least. i've had this 40,000 mile Camaro for about 35 years, i'm the 2nd owner, and i'm looking to get this 6 Liter dropped in fairly quickly, or at least by the first snow fall,, comments, real suggestions, and many pictures and web sites are appreciated,, thank you all for taking the time to be there for me!!
      Robert

You could call summit and they will hopefully guide you in the right direction. Most people use the holley products from engine mounts, oil plan, headers and transmission cross member. Might need to modify the transmission tunnel for that 4l80.

I guess it depends on how much money you want to spend? Are you using the factory harness and computer or are you going with an aftermarket setup like the Holley? I am fond of the Holley products myself and they will work together. It really all depends on how much you want to spend, don't forget to upgrade your fuel system to feed your new beast.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com