Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

hard/spongy brake pedal

Hi All, pulling my hair out on this one. All new Baer discs front and back..the SS4 kit, new lines, and 15/16 Wilwood MC manual setup. I bled the brakes twice, no air at all....The problem i am having is sometimes the what I'll call soft, and then 10 seconds later hit the brakes and the pedal is firm. I know the rears on my car have floating calipers, but I can't seem to understand why the pedal feel is different each time I hit the brakes. Again, bled calipers twice, no leaks I can see on any of the new lines, and SS flex feeding the calipers. The pedal does not drop when i put my foot on it ...its just the feedback I am receiving when I apply the brakes...sometimes 1/4 travel and firm, sometimes 3/4" travel and firm.....SOrry, I may not be describing this accurately. The shop installed all this, and I thought maybe they did not get all the air out, so I rebled yesterday....very slowly with a helper, and no difference. any ideas, greatly appreciated, however it could just be the way they are.....JR...

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com