Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

LS7 & super victor intake

Anyone have a first gen camaro with an LS7 and a victor or super victor intake and a throttle body under a stock 2" cowl hood?
      I've got the gm factory lS7 intake and would like t look old school and keep the modern injectors setup.
      Tankmasterj
      Jason's 67 pro touring camaro build
      Jason
      TANKMASTERJ
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...touring-Camaro
      Jasons Toys
      67 Camaro White Lightning LMR LS7 powered, Speed tech Front and Rear.
      2023 Rapid Blue ZL1 the Blue Devil
      2000 HD Softail
      1989 CBR Hurricane anniversary edition

I have a MAST LS7 intake on an LSX454 with Brodix Heads....not sure the height differences are but i'm willing to take some meas for you. I'm using an acufab throttle body. its tight but works....i'm also an 1 1/2" offset closer to the firewall.

Man a couple height measurements to the bottom of the hood from the top of the intake flange and maybe valley cover the the top of same flange would be cool.
      I believe the Mast is over an inch taller than the Super Victor.
      Jason
      TANKMASTERJ
      Jasons Toys
      2000 HD Softail

And a. Photo or two would rock
      TANKMASTERJ
      Jasons Toys
      2000 HD Softail

Some Meas with Pics

Can't get you meas with the hood. I have mine off at the moment...but here's what i got. I laid a level across the fenders and from the Valley cover up to the bottom of the level it 9 1/4". Now with when you measure from the top of the Accufab to the level its only 3/8". The air cleaner base was heavily modified to make sure it fits with the air cleaner. I just printed this last one up and it came out pretty close.

Couple things to consider...Throttle cable routing. I changed mine to loop around to the front to avoid tight bends. I had one fail on me during track days when i routed from the back (too many tight bends). I had to modify the hood because the engine was set back (i'm using DSE set back mounts).

If you want to give me a call let me know.....here's a couple pics:

Thanks for the measurements and. Photos that will help a lot.
      Jason
      TANKMASTERJ
      Jasons Toys
      2000 HD Softail

Check out the image below. The 3 intakes left to right are the MAST LS7 (4500 base but height is the same), LS3 Victor Jr, and Edelbrock LS7 Super Victor. I was surprised to discover that the Mast and SV are effectively the same height. If I had know that, I would have just used the Mast. It's a much better piece out of the box. I did pay to have my SV ported, but after I did I could have been into the Mast for less money. Also worth noting that the fuel rails did not work out of the box on the SV. We had to mill the holes to allow us to push them down further to seal the o-rings. It seemed the holes for the bolts in the intake itself were drilled at an angle and wouldn't let the fuel rails seat. This was in an early run of those intakes, so hopefully it's been addressed now.

I don't know what your full setup is, but this intake is tall. It's also hard to find a true low-profile throttle body, then you need an air cleaner to clear it. With my shaker setup, it was a tough fit. Another much shorter option is the Holley Single Plane intake for an LS7. I don't remember the exact difference in height, but it's probably 2" shorter? Would have to look it up.

The other thing to note in my picture is the height of the fuel rails. Again for my setup they were an issue, but probably wouldn't be for just an air cleaner. I made brackets to allow use of a shorter injector on the Victor Jr. to lower the rails. The Mast and SV are their supplied kits.

Good luck...
      Attached Images Attached Images  
      Bryan (a.k.a. Carbuff)

70 Camaro RS Hunk'o'Metal - Previous Project
      71 Firebird Project T.O.W. - New Project

Look at the websites/manuals for the intakes you're looking at. The Holley intake for LS7 is 3" shorter. For an efi application, that will save you a ton of hood clearance.

Per Edelbrock website for the LS7 intake....
      Manifold height: A-8.42, B-8.42"; Carb pad height: 8.42"; Carb height (CH) for this manifold is measured from the valley cover flange to the carb pad.

Per Holley for their single plane intake...
      All heights measure to the lifter valley cover flange on the engine block.
      A-B Height (Carbureted or EFI): Same for both – A & B – 5.42” (0° carb flange angle)

Thanks for the information
      TANKMASTERJ
      Jasons Toys
      2000 HD Softail

Quote Originally Posted by carbuff View Post
      Check out the image below. The 3 intakes left to right are the MAST LS7 (4500 base but height is the same), LS3 Victor Jr, and Edelbrock LS7 Super Victor. I was surprised to discover that the Mast and SV are effectively the same height. If I had know that, I would have just used the Mast. It's a much better piece out of the box. I did pay to have my SV ported, but after I did I could have been into the Mast for less money. Also worth noting that the fuel rails did not work out of the box on the SV. We had to mill the holes to allow us to push them down further to seal the o-rings. It seemed the holes for the bolts in the intake itself were drilled at an angle and wouldn't let the fuel rails seat. This was in an early run of those intakes, so hopefully it's been addressed now.

I don't know what your full setup is, but this intake is tall. It's also hard to find a true low-profile throttle body, then you need an air cleaner to clear it. With my shaker setup, it was a tough fit. Another much shorter option is the Holley Single Plane intake for an LS7. I don't remember the exact difference in height, but it's probably 2" shorter? Would have to look it up.

The other thing to note in my picture is the height of the fuel rails. Again for my setup they were an issue, but probably wouldn't be for just an air cleaner. I made brackets to allow use of a shorter injector on the Victor Jr. to lower the rails. The Mast and SV are their supplied kits.

Good luck...
      Bryan
      Thanks for the photos. I'm running an LS7 with Late model racecraft stage 3 ported heads and cam for 700hp. Naturally aspirated up in a Speedtech front subframe. I like the look of the sc intake or mast but was concerned about height and loosing low end torque.
      Jason
      TANKMASTERJ
      Jasons Toys
      2000 HD Softail

Quote Originally Posted by TANKMASTERJ View Post
      Bryan
      Thanks for the photos. I'm running an LS7 with Late model racecraft stage 3 ported heads and cam for 700hp. Naturally aspirated up in a Speedtech front subframe. I like the look of the sc intake or mast but was concerned about height and loosing low end torque.
      Jason
      I personally wouldn't be too concerned on dry-flow intakes. With these carb-style efi intakes, the importance of runner length and dual/single plane looses a lot of importance. My best advice is to run what fits your car and work around that. If your intake is short, you can always add a spacer to add more plenum volume.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com