Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

rear control arms on A-body

Afternoon all,

Years ago I installed the adjustable upper control arms from Currie with the johnny joints mounted on the frame side and am now replacing my urethane bushed boxed lowers with the currie arms that have a johnny joint on one end and urethane on the other.

Would anyone know if it makes a difference which end the joint is mounted? The arms are set up with the joint to be mounted on the frame and that's how they're being installed.

I'm curious to know if mounting them opposite ends, top and bottom makes a difference, good or bad.

Thanks again,

Rich

Country Flag: United States
      Mechanically the car won't know the difference. If the arms have sway bar holes (like UMI ones have) then of course the holes are pointed toward the rear.
      Technical Support
      UMI Performance, Inc.
      [email protected]

Join us on Facebook!

Country Flag: Canada
      Quote Originally Posted by qwk406 View Post
      Afternoon all,

Years ago I installed the adjustable upper control arms from Currie with the johnny joints mounted on the frame side and am now replacing my urethane bushed boxed lowers with the currie arms that have a johnny joint on one end and urethane on the other.

Would anyone know if it makes a difference which end the joint is mounted? The arms are set up with the joint to be mounted on the frame and that's how they're being installed.

I'm curious to know if mounting them opposite ends, top and bottom makes a difference, good or bad.

Thanks again,

Rich
      Like what UMI said above, one thing I have found is putting the poly on the frame side is quieter.
      Matt
      72 Chevelle 370ci, 76mm single turbo, TKX, Speedtech Track Time, Millerbuilt Strange full floater 9", Brembo brakes, BC Forged 18x11s with 315s square
      Instagram: Cst_koon

mounted as UMI suggested.
      Thanks for the replies!

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com