Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

1967 Firebird Convertible TMI buckets

Purchased a TMI interior for a 67 Camaro Convertible for my 67 Firebird Convertible. The interior and top are the two last things on the to do list.
      I expected a little fabrication and modification with the TMI stuff but I've encountered an issue. I'm starting with the front seats, then the rear seat, then door panels and new top.

The front seat brackets needed to install the Pro-Series Sport-OE Deluxe Low Back Seats from TMI did not fit and required me to enlarge all the floor mounting holes by about 1/8”. This moved the entire bracket inbound (towards the tunnel). Even with this modification, the edge of the seat by the rocker panel is very tight. The seat recline lever actually rubs on the carpet. There is no room to install the seatbelt mechanism.

I am thinking that I need to remove the floor mounting holes on the bracket and move them over another 1/2” to get the seat even closer to the tunnel. I will also try to raise the seat about 1/2”. Hopefully this will give me enough room to get the seatbelt mechanism installed. That is a lot more work than I wanted to do, or expected to do.

Before I go ahead, I was wondering if anyone else has had this issue or if there might be another solution.

https://www.tmiproducts.com/products/pro-series-sport-oe-deluxe-low-back-seats-1967-camaro

We have 3 point convertible 3 point seat belts that are year and car specific.
      You will need a TMI bracket to move the reel back away from the seat.
      Call us Morris Classic Concepts. 864-987-0032

Billy

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com