Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Daily Driver CTS-V Alignment Assistance

My new-to-me daily driver 2007 CTS-V was recently aligned, along with new tires and one tie rod end.

The issue I'm having is the steering wheel does not completely return to center after cornering. The car also feels a bit "loose" as well, requiring steering input on a regular basis just to keep a straight line. It's not terrible, but it's enough to notice.

The specs look good, which is why I'm confused. I don't know what the "before" specs were. Any ideas?

I plan to contact the shop next week, just looking for advise so I can have reasonable expectations.

Name:  CTS V Alignment.jpg
Views: 179
Size:  182.6 KB

Nick ~
      1969 Cutlass

Not trying to bash anyone, but did you take it to a reputable shop? I've had problems before where the person doing the alignment just adjusted the lasers to get a good readout without doing the work. Could also be a problem with their system not being calibrated?

I could also be radial tire lead. Try swapping the front tires side to side to see if it makes any difference. Doubtful though as that wouldn't affect return center of the steering.
      *Jeff*
      Project Salty - 1964 4 door Malibu, beaten, neglected, red headed foster child
      Cammed LQ4 / T56 Swap Project Thread <-click to read! 😁

Or do you know (or worse not know) if the car has been in an accident before?

1955 Nomad project LC9, 4L80e, C5 brakes, Vision wheels
      1968 Camaro 6.2 w/ LSA, TR6060-Magnum hybrid and etc SOLD
      1976 T/A LS1 6 Speed, and etc. SOLD
      Follow me on Instagram: ryeguy2006a

I do trust the shop, they are legit car guys and they used to service our fleet back before we used Ryder leased vehicles, almost nothing had to go back for the same thing twice.

The car does have very minor damage, looks like the previous owner backed into a parking block and scuffed the bumper and bent one tail pipe. "Car facts" is clean.

I'll just call them tomorrow and see what they say.

Nick ~
      1969 Cutlass

Please update when you find the cause? Sounds like the alignment is out of whack?
      *Jeff*
      Project Salty - 1964 4 door Malibu, beaten, neglected, red headed foster child
      Cammed LQ4 / T56 Swap Project Thread <-click to read! 😁

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com