Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Ricks restomod tank?

I am working on installing a restomod tank and I have a question as to what is to be attached to the small pipe on top of tank, I am assuming you could attach a return line, but I am running vaporworx so no return line. Do you just block it off or leave it open say for venting. Thanks in advance
      Name:  20210704_150914.jpg
Views: 742
Size:  197.4 KB

Country Flag: United States
      If your gas cap is vented then the tank vent can be plugged off. If your gas cap is not vented then the tank vent will need to be used.

I spoke to Ricks about this, that’s a vent line, you need to run a hose as high as possible (usually above the diff). I also bought this rollover valve for safety and also keep debris from getting in the vent hose. But you need a vent, even if your gas cap is vented as well. A lot of people get the II much vent especially if they autocross.

https://www.tanksinc.com/index.cfm/p...SABEgJVOvD_BwE

Thanks joeko23, makes sense i appreciate the input ��

As previously mentioned its the vent port. If you run a vented cap you can plug it but you’ll likely have liquid fuel coming out of the cap and odor issues. The II MUCH vent products do address this, and we’ve helped a lot of folks out with that tank.

Thanks for the inputs and recommendations

Vent line as mentioned by others. I would run it. Plugged mine and it would puke out the vent from the fuel pump. Hooked mine up and have not had an issue since.

Country Flag: United States
      You need more than a vent IMHO...I have noticed that you need a can with a vent to catch some expanding fuel. For a while I used just a filter mounted up high and in high temps and a full tank, gas would expand a vent out. A catch can will contain this fuel and allow the tank to vent.
      1970 Camaro/DSE build

Are you driver enough? Maybe....come on blue!
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...71#post1147371

Quote Originally Posted by badazz81z28 View Post
      You need more than a vent IMHO...I have noticed that you need a can with a vent to catch some expanding fuel. For a while I used just a filter mounted up high and in high temps and a full tank, gas would expand a vent out. A catch can will contain this fuel and allow the tank to vent.
      I'm resurrecting your post here cause I'm going to install a Ricks tank once the weather gets warmer here and value any input you'd be able to add to this problem. Right now I have Holley's pump on a stick in a factory 69 Camaro tank, it works fine but same as you I had fuel spew out of the vent line when I filled up with gas. Running a vented cap as well.
      Name:  thumbnail_IMG_3356.jpg
Views: 409
Size:  240.5 KB

I'm hoping that the Ricks tank with vent line being higher than the sending unit will prevent me from overfilling and having the same problem again.
      Name:  thumbnail_IMG_3592.jpg
Views: 399
Size:  92.9 KB

Adding to my above post, I found your thread on here from 2018 regarding the tank leaking. Yours was a Ricks stainless tank with the original vent placed at where it looks like its at the same height as the sending unit or the guy that posted on your thread.......his tank.
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...nk-leaks/page2

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com