Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New Hemi Swaps

Country Flag: United States

New Hemi Swaps

Anybody Else Doing the 5.7 6.1 Hemi Swaps. Have Any Pictures Or Links?

Country Flag: Bosnia Herzegovina
      not yet, maybe next next year....are you from the Cuda-Challenger board? Theres a few guys out there attempting the swap. welcome to the site.
      MrQuick ΜΟΛ'ΩΝ ΛΑΒ'Ε

https://www.pro-touring.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=4&dateline=1323422564
      Follow us on Facebook

No ,never Seen That Site,kind Of New To The Forums,some Really Nice Cars Here,i Have A 1968 Camaro With A Ls6 And Tremec 5 Speed Also.the Cuda Is My First Pro Touring Mopar.i'm Pretty Impressed With The Hemi's Output Even Compared To The Ls6 The Hemi Suprised Me.even Though I Am Running It Off Ls1 Electronics. I'm Sure There Are Others Building Them,which I'm Sure We'll See Soon

went on cuda site,posted there.alot of cool cars there too.doesn't seem as many pro touring cars there though.trying to put together a more informative site on my car http://mysite.verizon.net/ls6ron/

yeah, they don't take kindly to big rims.
      MrQuick ΜΟΛ'ΩΝ ΛΑΒ'Ε

Follow us on Facebook

checked out your site. good stuff so far.
      MrQuick ΜΟΛ'ΩΝ ΛΑΒ'Ε

Follow us on Facebook

Nicely done, you are way ahead of the curve. I like your valve covers. Care to make some more? Please PM me with more details.

Thanks-

Tony

Very nice
      I just got a 70 Barracuda and have been researching my different motor options etc. I was considering the "modern" Hemi swap.

I was interested on the K-frame issues. When the companies said the K frame with motor plates or elephant ears was not practical for the street, what did they mean ?? Too much vibration transfer ?? Stress on the motor mounts ???

hemi swap

At the time i did this car i didn't want to anything that wasn't reversible,because of the value of these cars.I spoke to the three companies which make these bolt in aftermarket k frames.two of the three have no motor mounting provisions at all,and don't want you to mount the engine to there k frame.[I see no way to put a motor plate on the new hemi].The other company did provide motor mounts,but not for the new hemi.Since then i think they have come out with a hemi compatible frame.I am getting ready to start on a70 hardtop cuda which will get complete frame end to end,and alittle more modern,suspension.the factory,frame works really well if you use the adjustable control arms,which allows you to get enough caster in the suspension,which the factory adjustment cams never did.I don't think the vibration is really that big an issue,with the motor plates,just saw no way to install them.

Looking good Ron, Frank was telling me about this car and what you were doing with the engine management very resourceful.
      Brian Schein

How's It Going Down There Brian ,getting Any Time To Work On The Camaro?saw The Write Up In Hot Rodding [pretty Impressive Stuff]going To Try To Have My Camaro Done For The Power Tour In June,but That Might Be Pushing It

My buddy Daty has been in the midst of an on-going install in his 67 Barracuda convertible. Most of the details are tied up in Moparts.com thread. AFAIK, he's the first one to do the install in an A-body using many of the now-readily-available parts, which he's had some input in QA/QC'ing. There is another 67? Barracuda fastback in Louisiana, IIRC, that's a running car now, and several B and E-body cars in the magazines. For being more compact and lighter than the 5.2/5.9 engines it's replacing, it's a tight fit in the smaller A-body chassis. Should be a fun ride, though.

Clair

very nicely done - i can't wait to see it complete
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

Car looks great! I think I've just found my new home on the web (my first post here). I'm getting ready to build a 1970 'cuda right now, and, 57hemicuda, you've already done some of the things I've been thinking about. Once again, great car!
      1970 Plymouth 'cuda
      Nothing special yet
      Originally 383 4 speed
      Current state: totally apart, ready for ground up resto/modification

Also, what are the 3 companies making k-frames? I know about magnumforce, what are the other two?
      1970 Plymouth 'cuda
      Nothing special yet
      Originally 383 4 speed

Has anyone else on forum run any of these k frames,how do you like them?Would you buy again?

Quote Originally Posted by 57hemicuda

Thanks!

1970 Plymouth 'cuda
      Nothing special yet
      Originally 383 4 speed

We're developing two levels of suspensions for 68-70 B and 70-74 E Body cars. Actually, we are completely re-engineering the cars and will be selling complete cars and all the parts we are developing for them.

Suspension stuff is at a differnt level than what has been done before - we are using four post rigs, OE level software and simulations, torsion tests and full testing of the cars before, during and after modifications. It's also all being done by professional engineers who do this for the OE manufacturers and professional race teams - i.e. F1, IRL, Champ, Grand AM and NASCAR.

Level 1 is for the guy that wants stock type suspension, but truly matched and optimized components, including modern dampers set up for the vehicle and designed fo a modern low profile tire. Level II is a complete re-design, all being done in aluminum, that replaces torsion bars and leaf springs with coilovers, SLA double A-Arm and three link out back w/ panhard bar. It is designed to be a true road race quality setup, but dialed in to still deliver daily driver levels of comfort. We also took the time to develop (and test) chassis stiffening components for the cars (not just subframe connectors).

Development is done on state of the art equipment and fully track tested, including having a shock engineer and shock dyno to rebuild/revalve on site during four post and track testing.
      It's all being covered on Dream Car Garage on Speed throughout their 2006 season. They will show the actual development of all of this.

There is lots of detailed info on our web site if you look in the XV Engineering section or the specs section of the XV Cars. Our cars are only running 5.7 and 6.1 Hemi's.

John Buscema
      XV Motorsports
      www.xvmotorsports.com

5.7 hemi

Finally finishing up,trying to get dyno scheduled http://mysite.verizon.net/ls6ron/ Attachment 8787

Attachment 8788

Attachment 8789

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com