Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

68 mustang Frame help.RSvs.SchwartzVs.MTF

Seems there are not a ton of mustangs on here compared to others but im looking to upgrade my frame and need some help. Looking at full frames by RS(spec) and Schwartz and possibly the 3/4 frame by MTF. Setup will be Gen 3 coyote with a t56 mag with S1 sequential shifter. 900whp. Mostly drag racing and highway pulls but would also like to be able to corner like im on rails. Thanks in advance

Country Flag: United States
      I'm a fan of all 3 options. The MTF will be the best fitting option, with the least amount of fab required of the 3. I can't speak on the customer service of the other 2, but the folks MTF are some of the best people you will ever meet. I can't praise them enough.
      Justin Hocking
      67 Mustang Coupe to Fastback swap
      TCI front and rear
      Detroit Mini Tub

Future coyote

I just installed a DSE Alumaframe and Quadralink along with their subframe connectors on a 69. The engineering of these pieces was incredible. I would give them some consideration also.

Don
      1969 Camaro - LSA 6L90E AME sub/IRS
      1957 Buick Estate Wagon
      1959 El Camino - Ironworks frame
      1956 Cameo - full C5 suspension/drivetrain
      1959 Apache Fleetside

Yea there's is definitely the most cost effective and seems the easiest to install at home. Ive heard nothing but great things about them and they have been great with communication so far.

Schwartz did a full build for me with my 69 Cougar. Great people to work with and the chassis is a game changer.

Name:  dscn3237_36773191686_o.jpg
Views: 204
Size:  250.0 KB

69 Cougar
      Schwartz Chassis
      5.0 Coyote
      T-56 Magnum 6 Speed
      Baer Brakes

Did you have any problems with the alternator or power steering hitting the frame? I know MTF comes with cutouts for the coyote but RS i have heard tat guys had to cut the frame to fit the coyote because of these parts. I was also going with the t56 magnum. How did that fit in the frame?

Quote Originally Posted by cnock View Post
      Did you have any problems with the alternator or power steering hitting the frame? I know MTF comes with cutouts for the coyote but RS i have heard tat guys had to cut the frame to fit the coyote because of these parts. I was also going with the t56 magnum. How did that fit in the frame?
      You can order the frame set up for the coyote and T56. I believe the alternator is stock but the PSP is aftermarket. They had to notch the Cougar hood for the Boss intake though. The T56 fits without cutting the trans tunnel as well on the 69. There is metal work involved to install their frame but it is not extensive. Don't think it is any more than with your other choices. Dale at Schwartz can confirm.

Name:  _dsc5935_32253862694_o.jpg
Views: 164
Size:  296.5 KB

Name:  _dsc9317_36821072311_o.jpg
Views: 168
Size:  315.5 KB

69 Cougar
      Schwartz Chassis
      5.0 Coyote
      T-56 Magnum 6 Speed
      Baer Brakes

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com