Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Restomod Air with AAW Harness

Hey guys, I’m need help wiring up the Restomod Air unit with AAW harness in a 69 Camaro. Can I just use the brown wire referenced on page 10, #24 to power the heater? Also, I need power for the compressor relay. The relay is in the cabin, can I use the same brown wire? Or I need a separate accessory power? If I need a separate accessory power, where do I get this accessory power from?

Here’s a link to the AAW kit:
      https://smhttp-ssl-87263.nexcesscdn....Design_1_1.pdf

Here’s the Restomod Air wiring diagram (I circled the two wires that need power):
      Attached Images Attached Images  

Country Flag: United States
      Should be fine. Just make sure you have the right brown wire.

Don
      1969 Camaro - LSA 6L90E AME sub/IRS
      1957 Buick Estate Wagon
      1959 El Camino - Ironworks frame
      1956 Cameo - full C5 suspension/drivetrain
      1959 Apache Fleetside

Name:  Haymaker S wiring.jpg
Views: 702
Size:  79.7 KB

You have a much more sophisticated wiring diagram than I have in the manual. The two ignition power red wires can go to the same source. RMA would like it to be a "clean" power source so I have them run to a relay board in the glovebox. The car's ignition source then only has to act as the trigger.
      Tracey

Tracey, I think you have the updated version with the ECU, I have the old style without the ECU. Just wanted to make sure I can use the same power source to power both heat and ac relay.

Country Flag: United States
      Interested to see how you like the new unit. Considering changing from a haymaker S vs the vintage air Gen IV.
      Chris
      1968 Chevy Camaro SS
      LS3/T56 DSE suspension

Chris, I got the restomod air unit strictly because of the Bluetooth control. I will have an iPad in the dash to control the unit. I’m sure they all work the same though.

Country Flag: Canada
      Quote Originally Posted by 130fe View Post
      Interested to see how you like the new unit. Considering changing from a haymaker S vs the vintage air Gen IV.
      youre not happy with resto mod air ?
      Spinnin'my tires in life's fast lane

Ryan Austin
      On twitter @raustinss
      On Instagram austinss70

Ryan, that’s not what I meant, I have no complaints about the system. It seems well built and the technology is cool with the Bluetooth and variable speed fan. The instructions are good and the kit is fairly complete. Everything fit well so far. The only complaint I have is that they didn’t give me long enough heater hoses knowing I was going to run a solid line (no bulkhead) from the heater to water pump. As far as functionality, I can’t comment on that yet as I haven’t hooked it up yet. But the reason I chose the restomod air is because of the Bluetooth control.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com