Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      The Brembo brakes for the Fox showed up today and good golly miss Molly! These are their latest GT-S Calipers which are an upgrade from their GT system. As next year rolls around I should be able to give a more in-depth review of the difference in feel between the previous brakes I've used on the race truck vs. these.

GT VS GT-S basic differences explained: The GT Systems are entry systems to their High Performance program, they come in a wide range of caliper and color options, these systems provide a significant upgrade over OE Brembo Brake Systems, and are suitable for daily driving as well as amateur HPDE events. The GT-S is a step up from the GT, with some added performance benefits. The main differences are the hard-black anodized caliper body, recessed dust boots, and stainless-steel piston inserts. While these differences may not directly increase braking power, the anodized finish provides improved heat rejection and reduced caliper flex by strengthening the base aluminum, while the recessed dust boots and stainless-steel inserts ensure that the internal hydraulics remain free of dust and debris. Spending more time on the track you will naturally encounter higher levels of dust and debris, as well as increased temperature demands. Even though the GT-S is geared for more performance-oriented vehicles, it still retains the same qualities as the GT system that prevents excessive noise and dust, which means Its suited for everyday road use as well as high performance.

Time to take the idea of the "Ultimate" street car to the next level!

Name:  IMG_4455.jpg
Views: 1248
Size:  444.4 KBName:  IMG_4459.jpg
Views: 1189
Size:  484.3 KBName:  IMG_4467.jpg
Views: 1196
Size:  519.6 KBName:  IMG_4469.jpg
Views: 1208
Size:  427.4 KBName:  IMG_4468.jpg
Views: 1232
Size:  327.3 KB

Looking great. I can’t wait for the next video update. Awesome build and thank you for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by WideOpenThrottle View Post
      Looking great. I can’t wait for the next video update. Awesome build and thank you for sharing.
      Funny you say that! Here is our latest video update.

Quote Originally Posted by ca_preston View Post
      Funny you say that! Here is our latest video update.

Thanks! That made my day.

I saw some new pics of this build on one of my feeds (looks like she is rolling around now)... Looking great. Any chance another video or some more pics coming anytime soon?

Quote Originally Posted by qnitro View Post
      Hey, whos oil pan you using? Indy?
      For this application we're making a custom pan to keep a minimum of 8 qts of oil. We're working on making it so we can get a bit more oil in... Will be an Indy Power Product most likely post SEMA.
      Last Friday we took a trip to Ohio and visited Forgeline to pick up our FF1 Wheels! Another crazy part that we are working on for the car is a billet intake with built-in intercooler. This intake will drop the overall height about 2-2.5 in of the motor. Should have it off the mill tomorrow, this will also be a new product for Indy Power. Bob's currently working on customer headers an exhaust to fit through the trans tunnel, to then exit out each side of the car... Should be pretty rad. Will keep you guys updated with our next video most likely next week!

Name:  DSC02531.jpg
Views: 956
Size:  435.9 KB
      Name:  IMG_4559.JPG
Views: 959
Size:  252.2 KB
      Name:  264B34EB-6BA6-48C8-840E-82A34F8CA3BC.jpg
Views: 976
Size:  744.0 KB
      Name:  IMG_4510.jpg
Size:  581.1 KB
      Name:  IMG_4557 2.jpg
Views: 960
Size:  385.4 KB

This is an INSANELY bad ass build... love the updates

Quote Originally Posted by ca_preston View Post
      For this application we're making a custom pan to keep a minimum of 8 qts of oil. We're working on making it so we can get a bit more oil in... Will be an Indy Power Product most likely post SEMA.
      Last Friday we took a trip to Ohio and visited Forgeline to pick up our FF1 Wheels! Another crazy part that we are working on for the car is a billet intake with built-in intercooler. This intake will drop the overall height about 2-2.5 in of the motor. Should have it off the mill tomorrow, this will also be a new product for Indy Power. Bob's currently working on customer headers an exhaust to fit through the trans tunnel, to then exit out each side of the car... Should be pretty rad. Will keep you guys updated with our next video most likely next week!

Name:  DSC02531.jpg
Views: 956
Size:  435.9 KB
      Name:  IMG_4559.JPG
Views: 959
Size:  252.2 KB
      Name:  264B34EB-6BA6-48C8-840E-82A34F8CA3BC.jpg
Size:  744.0 KB
      Name:  IMG_4510.jpg
Size:  581.1 KB
      Name:  IMG_4557 2.jpg
Views: 960
Size:  385.4 KB

Sorry to bug you in the crunch to Sema, but I assume its got a pilot bearing located in the crank? Or a space to press one in?

Probably the last video before SEMA! A big thanks to Jim Ryder from Indy Power Products for coming out to help on the engine build! We're thrashing away on the build and it looks like we will be burning the midnight oil the next few days to get the car finalized and packed to head to the south west.

The new video they posted up on you tube, I guess they took it back down.
      Last edited by WideOpenThrottle; 11-09-2021 at 09:17 PM. Reason: Link to video was gone.

Unfortunately we ran into some issues at start up that pushed us back a few days on the foxbody build. When you lose 2-3 days when 7 people are working on the car it equates to a serious loss in man work hours. With that said, the car is still going to be finished and raced in 2022! There is a lot more content to come as we finish up the project now that sema is over and we can get our heads freshened and read to rock.

This car is amazing. So were you able to make it to SEMA? I can't wait to see the finished product. If I had a Ford, I'd be looking pretty seriously at that Godzilla crate motor.

1955 Nomad project LC9, 4L80e, C5 brakes, Vision wheels
      1968 Camaro 6.2 w/ LSA, TR6060-Magnum hybrid and etc SOLD
      1976 T/A LS1 6 Speed, and etc. SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by ryeguy2006a View Post
      This car is amazing. So were you able to make it to SEMA? I can't wait to see the finished product. If I had a Ford, I'd be looking pretty seriously at that Godzilla crate motor.

Unfortunately not, we had some motor issues that held up the rest of the build for 2-3 days. When that happened and we couldn't get it started and diagnosed we thought it better to not bring it as a roller. It needs to start, stop and steer for it to be at-least presentable in our eyes. We will get it finished through the next month and half and we will definitely give updates along the way! It's going to be an absolute unit on the street and track.

Curious what the motor issues were?

Don
      1969 Camaro - LSA 6L90E AME sub/IRS
      1957 Buick Estate Wagon
      1959 El Camino - Ironworks frame
      1956 Cameo - full C5 suspension/drivetrain
      1959 Apache Fleetside

We're looking into that this week. We had some issues with it starting and we had changed some of the variable timing so we're wondering if in the rush of the moment something got assembled in the wrong setting. When we got back from SEMA the motor was able to turn over again which is a good sign.

The Fox is ALIVE! Some of you may know we had some hiccups making it to SEMA and with us also competing in the OUSCI event with the race truck we decided to pull our attention back onto it to make sure it was ready to race. Now that we're back home and refreshed from our near 2 weeks in Vegas were chugging along on the foxbody. Again this beast is powered by a 7.3L Ford Performance Godzilla motor with a FX series Procharger. She definitely needs some tuning and we should be taking it over to the dyno this week!

Name:  656D1EEC-9D3C-4401-A119-E4E0F767DCF9.jpg
Views: 618
Size:  645.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by dhutton View Post
      Curious what the motor issues were?

Don
      It seems that alot of the issues came from using ethanol fuel on the initial start up. With the motor being pretty tight and not being really broken in yet she just was wanting to be a pain. (we had originally wanted to start on just gasoline but the tuner wanted to start on ethanol) Once we got it switched over and made some adjustments we got her up and running. Again we should have the car to the chassis dyno this week and will post some videos/numbers!

Name:  262007558_10159479697186830_6565309849416726267_n.jpg
Views: 551
Size:  377.6 KB
      The pops has been making wheel tubs and fitting panels for the Foxzilla. Thankfully he enjoys me enough to think about how close everything really is to the back of my head and closed everything in rather than just saying **** it and sending it.

He used 1/8” aluminum, trimmed the stock plastics and added some sheet metal backers. The triangular holes in the inner fenders will be inlayed with carbon fiber sheeting similar to how we did the trans tunnel, then we will powder coat the wheel tubs and leather wrap the plastics to clean everything up in the back!

The Fox is finally getting some base tuning done!
      fter getting the remaining small mechanical items done on our list we took the Foxbody, otherwise known as Foxzilla, over to the dyno. Thanks to our buddies at Off the Line for letting us use the dyno for the evening, and also thank you to Sam for the tune!

We did encounter a couple small issues so we weren't able to go for big power during this session, but we will make a couple changes to our setup over the holiday week and come back to the dyno later to see full power numbers.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com