Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Threaded View

Thoughts on wheel size choice, please

Car is a 70 Nova. 100% street car.

All, I would appreciate some feedback on my proposed setup prior to ordering. I know this is a pro-touring site and everyone likes big wheels and tires, (I very much do too) but I have unique tastes as to what looks good on 3rd gen Novas. I (sadly) just don’t think big wheels stylistically fit, especially for the rears. Apologies in advance to everyone who’s car on this site I just crapped on!!

So. My plan is Billet Specialties Winlites (or maybe Streetlites) in 15x10 with 4.5 bs, 295/50/15 tire on the back with a 235/245 on a 7 in wheel up front, 3.5 bs. I will be ordering a custom width 9in rear from Quick Performance and mini-tubbing as necessary.

A question I haven’t nailed down yet is the front setup. Still can’t decide between 15s and 17s up front. 100% street car and my thoughts are, I’m looking at the brakes to make the determination for me. I’m set on a 2in drop spindle setup (will go lower with springs if necessary, too) and looking at either a C5 corvette or similar kit with larger rotors- seems this drives me to the 17s. A thought I have is the smaller wheels will help in the desired low stance department.

Also, any reason to get the 15x8s for the rears vice the 10s? I figured the wider ones would give me room to grow if I ever want wider.

Thanks for reading, I’m redoing the entire car so limiting expenses is important and this forces my planning and over-thinking everything.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com