Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by andrewb70 View Post
      If the system is not well made, you'll have so much air leaking past the throttle blades that you won't be able to achieve any reasonable idle speed. This was an issue with one of my customers and he is currently swapping to a stock LS3 intake and DBW.

Cam selection is also critical. You want no less than 50-55kPa at idle. The short intake runners also don't do anything good for low to mid-range torque.
      I have to admit, I'm a bit confused on this one.

BMW has been using ITBs on everything from small 4 cylinders to 5+litre V8s. They do so because an ITB, from my understanding, fixes any issues overlap causes as it comes to the intake (that is, a rougher cam will run better, idle better, etc because each cylinder operates individually).

As for low-mid range torque, with nearly 400 cubes (or more) I can't imagine a problem with low to mid range torque issues.
      Why do termites eat houses?

Because they have
      Munchausen Syndrome.

Quote Originally Posted by andrewb70 View Post
      You could definitely make the engine look better with Holley valve covers and a neat harness installation.

That square radiator is also begging for a brushless c7 Corvette fan.

Andrew
      Yea, Ive been going back through your Cougar build as well as following along with the latest revisions to the GTO, plotting and making notes. $4990 for the LS3 long block from GMPP seems like the way to go....just trying to come up with ways to make the aesthetic look a little less "LS-ish" without compromising driveability.
      1972 C20 Suburban
      1964 Corvette Coupe

why not go with a classic efi like this on your LS3. I don't have any experience with them but they have the look your after...

https://www.lsclassic.com/

on second thought that is a bit C1 vintage

Quote Originally Posted by silo84 View Post
      why not go with a classic efi like this on your LS3. I don't have any experience with them but they have the look your after...

I actually tuned a Chevelle with one of those intakes yesterday. Seemed to have good idle manners. Will find out how the torque curve looks after I get the tune dialed in more.

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Quote Originally Posted by silo84 View Post

Hood clearance is an issue in a C2 with the stock small block hood. I dont think the LS classic set up will fit. I honestly dont think that any adaptation of the stock throttle body to the 4150 intake will work due to clearance in my application.

To go that route, I'd probably need to use one of Holley's 4150 throttle bodies on the single plane intake.
      1972 C20 Suburban
      1964 Corvette Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by FLYNAVY53 View Post
      Hood clearance is an issue in a C2 with the stock small block hood. I dont think the LS classic set up will fit. I honestly dont think that any adaptation of the stock throttle body to the 4150 intake will work due to clearance in my application.

To go that route, I'd probably need to use one of Holley's 4150 throttle bodies on the single plane intake.
      If that's the case, you're definitely better off with a LS3 intake.
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Yeah I didn't consider that, my 66 has a big block hood and it isn't much better even with a 327 with a stock manifold.

Quote Originally Posted by FLYNAVY53 View Post

Yea, if I didn't like the clean look of the '64 small block hood so much, Id got '67 big block and seal the air cleaner to the underside of the hood and open the vent up at the cowl a la L88.

1972 C20 Suburban
      1964 Corvette Coupe

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com