Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Who do we like for custom driveshafts??

It's my first time needing a custom driveshaft and its a little overwhelming with the amount of companies to choose from. I can think of Strange, Drive shaft shop, Dynotech, Denny's, Mark Williams, Qa1, ect. ect. Any recommendations? I'm probably going with a standard 3.5" aluminum with 1350's to go between a Tremec and GM 12bolt.
      Justin Snow

Country Flag: United States
      I have used Denny’s and Inland Empire with good results. I also used Driveshaft Shop and their delivery was slow and after sales service lacking. Only use them for CV driveshafts.

Don
      1969 Camaro - LSA 6L90E AME sub/IRS
      1957 Buick Estate Wagon
      1959 El Camino - Ironworks frame
      1956 Cameo - full C5 suspension/drivetrain
      1959 Apache Fleetside

Precision shaft technology (PST) gets my vote. Great product and great customer service before and after the sale.

We used The Driveshaft Shop and had terrible service. Worse, after they screwed the driveshaft up, they got nasty with us. Wouldn't recommend them to anyone.
      Why do termites eat houses?

Because they have
      Munchausen Syndrome.

I've used Denny's for 2 cars, no issues. Would use them again.

I am a Mark Williams Fan. I have done business with them for forty plus years. They will make sure your drive shaft and the yokes and U joints are matched to your horsepower and rpm. You get what you pay for and quality takes time. Do yourself a favor and let Mark Williams make sure you get the right drive shaft for your application.

Quote Originally Posted by WOLF1732 View Post
      I am a Mark Williams Fan. I have done business with them for forty plus years. They will make sure your drive shaft and the yokes and U joints are matched to your horsepower and rpm. You get what you pay for and quality takes time. Do yourself a favor and let Mark Williams make sure you get the right drive shaft for your application.
      ^^^^ THIS!!!! Not necessarily Mark Williams as I've never done business with them, but making sure what you purchase is safe / engineered for your application.

Make sure whatever shop you go with asks specifics about your car!! I recently ran into a sharp learning curve about critical driveshaft speed. I'd bought a shaft from a name brand company that's been in the business for years. They took my money and sent me a shaft 1" too short and u-joint saddles 2.6 degrees out from one another. Created multiple problems for me until I finally got the car fast enough to loop the driveshaft, thereby learning about driveshaft rpm/length and critical speed.
      *Jeff*
      Project Salty - 1964 4 door Malibu, beaten, neglected, red headed foster child
      Cammed LQ4 / T56 Swap Project Thread <-click to read! 😁

I just ordered my shaft from Inland Empire and it was easy, fast and a good experience. I will use them again.

Quote Originally Posted by ProTouring442 View Post
      We used The Driveshaft Shop and had terrible service. Worse, after they screwed the driveshaft up, they got nasty with us. Wouldn't recommend them to anyone.
      I think I'll cross them off the list. I've seen similar stories here and another forum. Seems like a lot of good companies out there that may not be too busy for good customer service.
      Justin Snow

I've had two done by Shaftmasters without any issues.
      1971 Firebird
      2017 Slipstream SS

PEM and Inland Empire; good experiences with both

I ended up getting my driveshaft from Dynotech.
      Justin Snow

Same here with the driveshaft shop. I used them for a CV shaft last year. It took almost 10 weeks. I got a complete 9" rear end for my chevelle from quick performance in 5 weeks. I dont get it. QP is a great company by the way.
      My half a$$ed build thread.https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...elle-6-0-4L60E

Tighten it till it strips & back it off a quarter turn.

Denny's here. Incredibly satisfied. I'd guess that all of these names (IE, Denny's, MWE, etc.) do great work.
      Mike Kelcy - '68 Camaro with some stuff done to it.

I ordered a PEM in 3.5" aluminum and 1350 yoke ends. Less than 500 bucks came shipped to my door in less than two weeks. It was dead nuts perfect to my measurements, had u joints already pressed in both ends be and nice quality
      Jason
      TANKMASTERJ
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...touring-Camaro
      Jasons Toys
      67 Camaro White Lightning LMR LS7 powered, Speed tech Front and Rear.
      2023 Rapid Blue ZL1 the Blue Devil
      2000 HD Softail
      1989 CBR Hurricane anniversary edition

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com