Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Kenwood Sound System Working or Not

I have a Kenwood DMX9706S. On the back of the unit is a pink wire labelled "S SENS" which I believe should be connecting to the speed sensor on the tail shaft of the tranny. I have an LS3 using a 4L75E transmission. I initially had a problem of my transmission not shifting. After a bit of CSI'ing the issue, I did find a wire labelled "SPD OUT" in the engine ECU harness. This wire is supposed to plug into the speed sensor on the tail shaft of the tranny to make it shift and now it works beautifully. However, this pink wire is also requires a speed sensor signal to make the apple car play work wirelessly. Can I splice into the SPD OUT wire from the engine ECU and this solves my problem and more importantly will my transmission shift gears or is there another way?

Thanks in advance
      Perry

What harness are you using? The speed sensor wire needs to go to a speedometer output, not on the speed sensor of the tranny. Your harness should have a speedometer wire you can hook up to the pink wire. Let us know and let's see what we can help you with. Thanks.

Alex

Update the software to bypass-

CappSS92, Unfortunately I don't have an output from my speedometer as I am using GPS gauge.

Richard454, About the same time you posted a response I found someone in Australia that pointed me to a website where I can download updated firmware. I've done this and will be updating on the weekend.

Kenwood have now released an update for all multimedia units to remove the requirement for the VSS wire connection, so that wireless Apple CarPlay & Android Auto can work all the time! This update can be found her : http://www2.jvckenwood.com/cs/ce/firmware/index.html please follow the instructions carefully it is updated through the USB ports.

Thanks for the help.
      Perry

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com