Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Let's talk EFI

Let's talk EFI

looking for opinions, Edelbrock Pro-Flo 4 EFI vs Sniper vs FiTech... whats the better system?

454ci, 500-600hp, street cruiser

I'd check out the Holley terminator X

Country Flag: United States
      Rick's Restomod tank + GM fuel canister + Holley Terminator. Call Carl at vaporworx before you do anything!
      SMSgt Ty Ingle, USAF
      "CF71" - Freedom Bird
      Hoodpins.com, Inland Empire Driveline, Billet Accessories Direct, Modo Innovations, AutoRad Radiators, Morris Classic Concepts, Marquez Design, Anvil Auto, Fesler Billet, US Collision (DOOM), AGR Performance, Pro-touringF-body.com, Phoenix Transmission Products, Shiftworks, ACC Carpet, Hedman Hedders, BMR Fabrication, American Autowire, MityMounts, TIN INDIAN Performance, Kauffman Racing Equipment, Pypes, RobbMc Performance, WMC, Holley, NOS, PST

Quote Originally Posted by Just 1 More View Post
      looking for opinions, Edelbrock Pro-Flo 4 EFI vs Sniper vs FiTech... whats the better system?

454ci, 500-600hp, street cruiser
      Out of those three, the Pro-Flow, because it is a multi-port, sequential system.

However, I like Holley EFI. The issue is that Holley doesn't have a complete big block Chevy kits. You would have to buy the intake:

https://www.holley.com/products/engi.../parts/300-564

Injectors, and throttle body.

Then you would have to get a ECU and harness kit. If you need transmission control, the Terminator X Max ECU is a good option.

It all just depends what you want to do...

If you want throttle body injection, then the Terminator X Stealth kits are better than Sniper.

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Terminator/x are for LS engines only. I run a Holly HP EFI TPI, dual throttle bodies, tunnel ram, I had to have the intake modified for the injectors. My friend, a tuner guy, has had a lot of trouble with the FiTech! I know of 2 cars that the FiTech was replaced with the Sniper. There are different Snipers depending on your horse power. Holly has several refurbished Snipers for sale. Holly has checked out my HP for free a couple of times! If you go any EFI, certain motors may require the services of a tuner. My HP ran good right outta the box. Ran better after Jeff worked his magic on it.
      Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by chpr1972 View Post
      Terminator/x are for LS engines only. ....
      False.

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      Dr. EFI

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Quote Originally Posted by andrewb70 View Post
      Out of those three, the Pro-Flow, because it is a multi-port, sequential system.

However, I like Holley EFI. The issue is that Holley doesn't have a complete big block Chevy kits. You would have to buy the intake:

https://www.holley.com/products/engi.../parts/300-564

Injectors, and throttle body.

Then you would have to get a ECU and harness kit. If you need transmission control, the Terminator X Max ECU is a good option.

It all just depends what you want to do...

If you want throttle body injection, then the Terminator X Stealth kits are better than Sniper.

Andrew
      Andrew, What do you think about Holley 550-830 or 550-835 kits? https://www.holley.com/products/fuel.../parts/550-835

Andrew, What do you think about Holley 550-830 or 550-835 kits? https://www.holley.com/products/fuel.../parts/550-835
      Those are excellent kits and use the HP ECU.
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      Dr. EFI

Those are excellent kits and use the HP ECU.
      Andrew,
      I see you mentioned the TERMINATOR X STEALTH 4150 in another thread, what's your thoughts on it compared to the ones I posted? Seems the Terminator X would be a simpler installation and set up.

Andrew,
      I see you mentioned the TERMINATOR X STEALTH 4150 in another thread, what's your thoughts on it compared to the ones I posted? Seems the Terminator X would be a simpler installation and set up.
      The Terminator X Stealth systems are better than the Sniper, because the Terminator X ECU is remotely mounted and has more inputs and outputs that are more versatile. However, it is still throttle body injection and suffers from the same issue that carbs and all throttle body injection systems suffer from, which is cylinder to cylinder distribution. You would be shocked to see the AFR variance between cylinders.

This isn't to say they can't be made to work well. I have done many Terminator X Stealth tunes and the customers are very happy. I would definitely choose a single plane intake with a throttle body system, as they seem to do much better than dual planes. I recently had a customer who was having all sorts of odd issues with his Terminator X Stealth, but when he swapped to a single plane intake, those issues went away.

The best option is still a timed, sequential, multi-port system. The Terminator X (and Max if you need trans control) ECUs are very versatile. Holley uses that ECU with LS engines, Gen 5 LT, Coyote, Gen 3 Hemi, throttle body, etc...

If you want to get fancy, you can even do a coil near plug ignition system with a big block. It all comes down to budget and the level of complexity that you are willing to tackle.

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      Dr. EFI

Andrew, Sounds like we need to talk off line.. i'll just drop the car at your place and you can call me when it's done... lol

Andrew, Sounds like we need to talk off line.. i'll just drop the car at your place and you can call me when it's done... lol
      Feel free to email me directly: projectgattago at gmail dot com

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      Dr. EFI

Feel free to email me directly: projectgattago at gmail dot com

Andrew
      You are Sooooooooooo going to regret this ... LOL

You are Sooooooooooo going to regret this ... LOL
      I doubt it. I am always happy to help.

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      Dr. EFI

Quote Originally Posted by chpr1972 View Post
      Terminator/x are for LS engines only.
      This isn't true. I have a Terminator X ecu and harness on my sbc, and Andrew is tuning it.

Well,, right or wrong, I pulled the trigger. After talking with Holley tech yesterday and then again today, I purchased the Terminator X Stealth unit and all the parts to complete the system, including a complete tank set up.

Holley 550-1001 - Holley Terminator X Stealth 4150 EFI fuel injection System
      Holley 534-247 - Holley EFI Stealth 4150 Fuel Log
      Holley 12-876 - Holley EFI Filter Regulator
      Holley Sniper 19-401 - Holley Sniper EFI Conversion Fuel Tanks
      Holley Sniper 565-300 - Holley Sniper EFI HyperSpark Distributor
      Holley 558-323 - Holley Terminator EFI HyperSpark Ignition Adapter

Looks like all the parts have arrived, now I need to find the time to do it..

EFI parts by F G, on Flickr
      20210601_130621 by F G, on Flickr

Hello. It’s been a while since last post on here. How has the Terminator X Stealth been working out?

Quote Originally Posted by Y-TRY View Post
      Hello. It’s been a while since last post on here. How has the Terminator X Stealth been working out?
      It was doing great once Andrew did a remote tune on it. Then it became winter and the engine got removed for a build and new trans. Once I get everything back together this spring, and Andrew does his magic, hopefully it all works as it should.

That’s great. That set up is currently in the top of my list. I was just trolling your posts for more of the build. I’m also leaning towards 325/19’s, so that was good to see too. Keep us posted on the project -nytry

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com