Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

G-Comp Unser Edition 1970-81 Camaro Front Subframe

The advantage:

• The Unser Edition is an enhanced G-Comp front end with the following components:
        • Subframe features a chassis brace machined from billet aluminum
        • The billet chassis brace holds the upper shock mount
        • The upper shock mount position is adjustable, permitting use of multiple length shocks - Adjust your shocks in minutes!
        • The new upper shock mount provides clearance for springs with large wire diameter

• Upper control arm is designed with an additional 3° caster over standard G-Comp arm
      • Lower control arm has a recessed front strut to increase tire clearance
      • Up to 275/35 R18 tires can be used in competition
      • Steering arm is designed for a 20% quicker steering and increased Ackermann
      • Overall increased camber gain over standard G-Comp kits
      • Kit comes with a 0.250" wall - 1-1/4" O.D. sway bar
      • Allows for a large range of front ride height adjustment, working with a wider range of shock lengths and strokes

Standard features:

• Complete bolt-in front frame assembly replaces stock subframe
      • Will work with 14" through 16" long shocks - not included
      • Multiple hub and brake packages available - not included
      • Choose your brake kit and coil-overs from the options listed below

Anyone have experience with this subframe in a 2nd gen for autocross?
      How does it compare to DSE or Speedtech?

I know speedway races this sub frame in there autocross 2nd gen camaro and very competitive. I've been eyeing these sub frames for a while but for 67 Nova. They seam to be a great value compared to other offerings.

Country Flag: United States
      I agree the speedway 70 Camaro seems to be pretty competitive. There is a Speedway 65 nova as well that has this kit I think.

This kit offers a lot of adjustability and performance for reasonable price.

The upper bars are what makes me a little hesitant but are also what allows this kit to have several coilovers to choose from. The Speedway 70 Camaro has more traditional upper bars tied into cage.

The upper bars on this kit limit intake selection and factory inner fenders from the looks of it. Also may limit some brake master/boosters combos.

Does anyone have any photos of the subframe installed in a 2nd gen Camaro/Firebird?

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com